Cyclists hitting an invisible gate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Perhaps we should all stay still, all of the time, just in case a meteorite falls from the sky just in front of us?

Ah but what happens if said meteorite, lands exactly where we are being still?

Mike_P

Guru
And next to it there is one of those inverted V shaped cyclist pass-throughs.

Different location once came across a cyclist sprawled across the ground who had misjudged the V and presumably was travelling at some speed.

Different location once came across a cyclist sprawled across the ground who had misjudged the V and presumably was travelling at some speed.

REmind me of going through an A-frame gate a year or so ago just before a group of teenage lads on "mountain bikes" arrived at it from the opposite direction
One of them was a way behind his mates
being young and male he decided to show off and do a long wheelie
by then time he got to the A-frame his mates were already through and waiting for him

He decided that if he continued the wheelie up to the gate then his handlebars would clear the top and he could get through like that
and - clearly - look like a total legend

when he got to about 4-5 feet from the gate he suddenly realised that his judgement MAY have been somewhat out (not sh*t Sherlock!!!) and jammed his brake on and crashed in a total non-legend manner

as you can tell I hung around to watch

his mates - presumably once they were pretty sure he was kinda OK - were wetting themselves laughing

anyway - for information - you probably can;t wheelie any bike through an A-frame gate

I remember being in Bala in Wales one weekend.

It's a bit of a tourist trap with the lake but all of the shops and cafes are on the one road through the town.
We were sitting at a café right at the end of the town enjoying the sun.
Traffic queues are very common as people pull in and out of parking bays along the road.

Two youths on scrambler bikes come wheelying into town. Then one clocks the jam ahead - slams on both brakes and his front wheel locks up as soon as it hit the ground. He comes off and the bike flips and spectacularly comes to a halt against the petrol pump in the garage at the side of the road.

An attendant comes out and starts filling the tank. (Wales - must have been 20 years back) I guess if he's gonna dint his pumps he's gonna get some cash out of them.

I'll just leave this here....

View: https://youtu.be/BJsm4hsk35U?feature=shared

TL;DW: Drivers hit bollards multiple time, bollards widened, drivers still hit them.

Top Bottom