"cyclists stay back" stickers, tfl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David Higson

I think they're supposed to be stuck where it is difficult for drivers of large vehicles to get a clear view - such as close up to a HGV. However, I've not seen them on smaller vehicles. Maybe its a throwback to the trend in putting "Short Vehicle" stickers on the back of a Mini when the "Long Vehicle" plates became mandatory. Personally, I'm not offended. I've seen more offensive junk stuck on the rear of motor vehicles.

Ganymede

Veteran
I think they're supposed to be stuck where it is difficult for drivers of large vehicles to get a clear view - such as close up to a HGV. However, I've not seen them on smaller vehicles. Maybe its a throwback to the trend in putting "Short Vehicle" stickers on the back of a Mini when the "Long Vehicle" plates became mandatory. Personally, I'm not offended. I've seen more offensive junk stuck on the rear of motor vehicles.
I'm not "offended". That would be meaningless.

I think it could cause complacency, accidents and victim-blaming.

BqlPbAOCUAEz_iW.jpg

http://jrwcommercials.co.uk/

Attachments

• BqlPbAOCUAEz_iW.jpg
    BqlPbAOCUAEz_iW.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 39

Ganymede

Veteran
I like that one in some ways ... It's honest! After all it's what the other ones are thinking!!
You have a point there...

jarlrmai

Veteran
Be interesting if the driver ever offed a cyclist with that sticker on..

I wonder if all of a sudden there would be no mention of any stickers allowed in court..

Be interesting if the driver ever offed a cyclist with that sticker on..

I wonder if all of a sudden there would be no mention of any stickers allowed in court..

"We are a considerate and cautious company whose fleet carry stickers telling other road users to xxxk off"

jarlrmai

Veteran
Didn't the TrafficDroid once get cut up by a "Team GB" cycling support van..

There must be some insider story on these stickers, either an insurance or legal thing that's come up in the some industry consortium, that or someone screwed up and added a couple of zeroes to an order.

davefb

Guru
Saw one today... on a flat bed truck.. since there's nowhere to put this on the back of the vehicle, it's on the passenger door...
And it's a tfl one..
In Oldham..

Bizarre.

Ganymede

Veteran
Saw one today... on a flat bed truck.. since there's nowhere to put this on the back of the vehicle, it's on the passenger door...
And it's a tfl one..
In Oldham..

Bizarre.
To be seen as he left-hooks you.

"Stay back! You're being left-hooked! And it's your fault!" (in an Oldham accent, obvs)

Top Bottom