"Cyclists who don't use cycle lanes are tXXXs"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Oh, gone! I commented beneath and pointed out he was talking nonsense (he claimed bikes with SPD pedals aren't suitable for roads) and he's pulled the blog post. Ah well.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

It's hardly worth bothering with, but he went on about "SPDs mean the cyclist CAN'T get off the bike! Bikes that you have to clip into are designed for velodromes, not the road!!!!"

Bloke's a numpty.

KneesUp

Guru
Oh, gone! I commented beneath and pointed out he was talking nonsense (he claimed bikes with SPD pedals aren't suitable for roads) and he's pulled the blog post. Ah well.
He seemed quite pleased with it 14 hours ago. The whole blog seems to have gone now, not just one post. What did it say?

craig stoker.PNG

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

I spotted it on Twitter, he had contacted Top Gear and James May and said "hey guys, check out my blog!"

In it, the gentleman contended that cyclists who are clipped in can only use their bikes in velodromes because the bikes are so fragile, he claimed his friend in a motor home killed a cyclist (that never happened) and that he didn't like looking at mens' bums. It was drivel, basically. I told him as much, he argued back then pulled the plug.

KneesUp

Guru
I spotted it on Twitter, he had contacted Top Gear and James May and said "hey guys, check out my blog!"

In it, the gentleman contended that cyclists who are clipped in can only use their bikes in velodromes because the bikes are so fragile, he claimed his friend in a motor home killed a cyclist (that never happened) and that he didn't like looking at mens' bums. It was drivel, basically. I told him as much, he argued back then pulled the plug.
And yet he "seeks a career as a motoring journalist." He's going to have to grow some thicker skin ....

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
hit comment down the bottom leave nice little comment on his blog I did.
Better just to ignore him - it's just attention seeking.

And for a wannabe journalist, he needs to work on his writing skills as well!

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

He deletes them.

"Why don't they stick close to verge like you are taught in the old Cycling Profficiency?"

Oh dear.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Better just to ignore him - it's just attention seeking.

And for a wannabe journalist, he needs to work on his writing skills as well!

Of course it is. I think it's interesting that he's desperate for the attention of May and Clarkson and tries to outdo them in crass, uninformed ignorance. Claiming that bikes with SPDs aren't suitable for roads is like saying cars with a cigar lighter aren't suitable for motorways.

andyfraser

Über Member
There was a comment there not long ago pointing out some of the errors in the piece. That's now gone. I think he's censoring his blog.

While I was typing this another comment was removed.

Top Bottom