D-Day -6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Well, here we go, just finished the dregs of vodka off (not a lot !!) and just cracked me last can of lager.
Tomorrow, that's it, I actually thought it was going to be a piece of pish, but as midnight ( the deadline ) gets closer, boy do I feel under pressure !
I feel feckin spaced out now ! ( as in dizzy, not quite there ).

I dunno why I'm posting this here as a pish take I am expecting, I also think I will get major support.

Anyway, wish me well 'cos I'm gonna do it.

(This is a drink de-tox course if you didn't know).

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Good luck.

A nicotine addict knows just how hard it is to break a habit like that.

Good luck mate.

It's not going to be easy, and without wanting to dampen the mood, you will f*ck up.

That is the point where you have to stiffen your upper lip and try again, and again and again - because if you want it, you will be able to get it, but it won't be easy.

One thing I find myself being told quite a lot is don't feel guilty if you slip up, it's not going to help, and it's not like you killed anyone. Just use it to fuel your determination to achieve what you want.

Post here or PM me, I'm around these parts a lot as you know, and am more than willing to lend a virtual ear/man-hug.

J

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Good luck mate.

It's not going to be easy, and without wanting to dampen the mood, you will f*ck up.

That is the point where you have to stiffen your upper lip and try again, and again and again - because if you want it, you will be able to get it, but it won't be easy.

One thing I find myself being told quite a lot is don't feel guilty if you slip up, it's not going to help, and it's not like you killed anyone. Just use it to fuel your determination to achieve what you want.

Post here or PM me, I'm around these parts a lot as you know, and am more than willing to lend a virtual ear/man-hug.

J
Wise words from the young Mohican!

Give it your best shot Elmer, takes guts to face your demons...stare the beastie in the face and really give him hell!

Bigtallfatbloke

one thing that has helped me a little is to drink de tox teas. I have Morning de tox and Cleanse teas and I drink lot's of them as well as lots of water. I dont know if they will appeal to you or help you at all but they did me I feel. Just one tip...don't drink morning de tox Tea before a ride...there arn't enuff trees.

rootin' for yer....

longers

Legendary Member
Good luck from over here too :sad:. We all want you to succeed.

Why not give up the tabs at the same time? Clean sheet eh?

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Bigtallfatbloke said:
one thing that has helped me a little is to drink de tox teas. I have Morning de tox and Cleanse teas and I drink lot's of them as well as lots of water. I dont know if they will appeal to you or help you at all but they did me I feel. Just one tip...don't drink morning de tox Tea before a ride...there arn't enuff trees.

I've got a 10 day de-tox course of tablets that have been hidden from me (??) I might try the de-tox tea after that.
Where you get it from ??

bonj2

not sure i can make any useful recommendations really Elmer but wish you well. :biggrin:
Short of making little 'rules' for yourself, such as if you lapse you 'have to' do something you don't like. Works for some people but not others. me, it does but in limited capacity.
Remember you've achieved a big step along the way in deciding to embark on this in the first place. I'm quite good at giving up smoking if you ever decide to, but don't worry if it feels like taking on too much at once and all that... :sad:

btw what's the point in having tablets if they're hidden from you? ;)

Top Bottom