Dacia cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
i seem to remember someone on here said they would never buy a dacia :whistle:

You'll recall I looked at three newrly-new Sanderos, so was keen, but found faults with all and gave up. Sales dude was telling me Sandero production switched to Morocco about two years ago and quality took a dive.

The Jogger is Romanian and isn't suffering the same way. The drivetrain is cribbed from the current Nissan Joke hybrid.

It just wafts along unobtrusively which suits my languid driving style nicely. Interior is huge, kit is decent but not OTT.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You'll recall I looked at three newrly-new Sanderos, so was keen, but found faults with all and gave up. Sales dude was telling me Sandero production switched to Morocco about two years ago and quality took a dive.

The Jogger is Romanian and isn't suffering the same way. The drivetrain is cribbed from the current Nissan Joke hybrid.

It just wafts along unobtrusively which suits my languid driving style nicely. Interior is huge, kit is decent but not OTT.

prior to that i do remember some comments , anyway im just doing a bit of leg pulling

Drago

Legendary Member
To be fair to me as well, they've raised their game somewhat now using current platforms for the new car inetead of Renault cast-offs, and the drivetrain is straight from the latest cars.

If you're not in a hurry (Dacia isn't the car for anyone who is) the drivetrain is wonderfully languid and at lower speeds seemed to spend most of its time in leccy mode. I'm looking forward to seeing what MPG I can squeeze out of it.

The one star Euro NCAP is initially noteworthy, and I looked into that in some depth. It loses one star because the 3rd row of seats - the ones I'll be removing and storing in the garage - dont have seatbelt undone indicators.

It loses another because it doesn't have the active safety kit like lane keeping, autonomous braking, that sort of thing, but these are all things I have never had anyway so am not remotely fazed by their absence.

Most curiously, and this is the bit I never knew, Euro NCAP have never crash tested one. They've simply extrapolated the data from the Sandero from which the Dogger is derived, despite 60% of the cars structure and metalwork by weight being unique to the Dogger, which is odd to say the least.

So in deference to you also I was probably over critical or the safety rating, but having now looked at it in depth am not remotely concerned.

But my biggest concern now is finding me someone who can make me a Dogger decal in the style of the original Jogger one.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Just FYI Dacia Spring is coming next year. Their first EV set to retail at about £23k.

Could be a lot less.

The Spring has been on sale for several years in Europe for about £10,000 - it's the cheapest Dacia in those markets.

Sounds good, which it is, although the car only has 44hp, a range of 160 miles, and a top speed of 78mph.

The top speed and range may be manageable, but the comparative lack of horses will make the car hard work, not to say nerve wracking, to drive on fast A roads, dual carriageways, and motorways.

Jameshow

Veteran
Could be a lot less.

The Spring has been on sale for several years in Europe for about £10,000 - it's the cheapest Dacia in those markets.

Sounds good, which it is, although the car only has 44hp, a range of 160 miles, and a top speed of 78mph.

The top speed and range may be manageable, but the comparative lack of horses will make the car hard work, not to say nerve wracking, to drive on fast A roads, dual carriageways, and motorways.

That sounds about the same as the basic pugeot 205 1.0 we owned - pedal powered up any motorway incline....

icowden

Veteran
Could be a lot less.
Yep. Other countries have tax breaks and incentives to move people onto EVs. We don't. That's the difference.

icowden

Veteran
Which is why it is marketed as a small city car ideal as a runabout.

Top Bottom