Dacia cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Leaks isn't one of the issues being reported for the Dogger.

Indeed, considering its so popular its essentially sold out there are precious few issues cropping up, and nothing recurring.

One of the Stepways I looked at in January had a magnificent water feature, but the salesman yesterday quietly told me they're now made in Morocco and quality has taken a dive on on that model as a consequence.

something to take note of, ours is an older model and we have never had any issues with leaks .
EDIT according to what i can find the stepways are still built in romania
"Sandero, Logan and Lodgy models are currently assembled in Morocco, plus until recently the Dokker (which now bears the Renault logo), the Mioveni plant produces the Jogger, including Hybrid, Duster, Sandero Stepway and Logan."

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
From Dacia's own website...

"UK versions of Dacia Sandero and Sandero Stepway are built in Tangiers, in Morocco."

https://www.dacia.co.uk/faq.html

Drago

Legendary Member
Word is folk who ordered early july for December are now being told October. I ordered mine late July so I'm hoping November isn't unrealistic.

Saw a black Extreme parked up yesterday and it only made me yearn for mine all the more.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Word is folk who ordered early july for December are now being told October. I ordered mine late July so I'm hoping November isn't unrealistic.

Saw a black Extreme parked up yesterday and it only made me yearn for mine all the more.

The car will forever be worth more if it's registered in January.

Drago

Legendary Member
And I've cancelled the order, forfeiting my £250 deposit.

Mrs D and I have today put down the deposit on a new house, and don't want a £23,000 spend around the corner so soon after potentially moving in.

I'm a bit gutted, but my mileage will decrease even further after the move, and the 2008 is all bought and paid for and still low mileage, so the sensible part of my brain has for once taken precedence. I hate it when it does that.

cyberknight

And I've cancelled the order, forfeiting my £250 deposit.

Mrs D and I have today put down the deposit on a new house, and don't want a £23,000 spend around the corner so soon after potentially moving in.

I'm a bit gutted, but my mileage will decrease even further after the move, and the 2008 is all bought and paid for and still low mileage, so the sensible part of my brain has for once taken precedence. I hate it when it does that.

indeed
we have a kitchen loan and im waiting for that to finish before taking on anything else

gbb

Legendary Member
No personal opinion myself but a former colleague had a Sandero I think, purchased at a year or two old. Clutch or transmission went in it at relatively low mileage. They repaired it, it went again in fairly short order. She took it back....

cyberknight

No personal opinion myself but a former colleague had a Sandero I think, purchased at a year or two old. Clutch or transmission went in it at relatively low mileage. They repaired it, it went again in fairly short order. She took it back....

sounds like a lemon, pity as ours has been the most reliable car we have ever had

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom