Daft questions about TdF from colleagues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the Sprints jersey was only for intermediate sprints, whereas Points was also finishes. I think there's now a limit of four competition jerseys in a race, but I'm unsure which of Sprints and Best British was kept.
Sprint jersey (green also includes points at finishes besides
Apologies. It was your use of the word "indeed"

in response to the comment about GPS not being accurate enough that led me to conclude, wrongly, that you were conflating the two.

You are right. After reading it again I realise what the natural conclusion would be. Apologies,

Sprint jersey (green also includes points at finishes besides

You are right. After reading it again I realise what the natural conclusion would be. Apologies,
It should be me who is apologising. I said they carry GPS when I should have suggested that they could carry transponders instead.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Today.
Q. Has that Cavendish person won? He crossed the line in front for the second time in a week.
A. Erm, no

Q. 3 weeks? Like a relay then. Team 1, 2 and 3?
A. Erm, no. All the riders ride every day for 3 weeks except for 2 rest days and then they just clear off for a 70 mile training ride to turn their legs
Q. That’s mad. 3 weeks, 2 days off? Have they got a Union?
Better than the 70 s and ,80s where they did double stages some days so the Aso could get double payments from hosting towns

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Better than the 70 s and ,80s where they did double stages some days so the Aso could get double payments from hosting towns
Back then, I worked daft hours, with horses. Well, 70s I was at school, so not much tv as I was too busy. I wasn’t able to see what was happening except for listening to ‘grown up‘ conversations or by reading dad’s cycling mag when he wasn’t looking.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I once got asked by a barman in a pub if I was entering the TdF. He was serious. He knew I was a pretty 'serious' (where's Bonj?) cyclist, and he thought that was the main qualification. He also thought the entire race was circuits of Paris. I'm not making this up.

To be fair to ender the World Poker Championship all you need to so to qualify is plonk your entry fee down ($50,000) and the top poker players in the world are perfectly happy to play against you

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
To be fair to ender the World Poker Championship all you need to so to qualify is plonk your entry fee down ($50,000) and the top poker players in the world are perfectly happy to play against you

You mean happy to rob you?

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Off the top of my head, I can't remember of note (I'll think about it) , but I have one myself: in the early years of speed cameras, were any of the support vehicles mistakenly fined?

Top Bottom