Daft questions about TdF from colleagues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The points on offer for smaller climbs makes for more exciting racing as a couple of riders tend to breakaway early to pick up the points. Before being swept up by the pack as they tire.
Without that everyone would wait for the final climb.
I really enjoyed Ide Schilling and forgotten who it was in red (Cofidis?) having a ding-dong over the early rights to the mountains jersey. Little things like that are quite entertaining I think.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I seem to remember an edition of the ToB recently that had both a "points jersey" and a "sprinters jersey" I noted the fact but I wasn't interested enough to find out the rules.
I think the Sprints jersey was only for intermediate sprints, whereas Points was also finishes. I think there's now a limit of four competition jerseys in a race, but I'm unsure which of Sprints and Best British was kept.

Considering there is a major international event on the telly that is admired and respected world wide and with a reputation of being one of the greatest sporting spectacles on the whole planet
That we seem to have Wimbledon on the telly all day at the moment???

I have tried to explain but Dan Brown's (or did he write some rubbish books???) progress compared to Andy Murry's seems to be more critical

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I`m retired now but colleagues used to ask why would anyone want to watch that on TV for hours on end?

Answer: Wimbledon, snooker, bowls, cricket, coronation street!
Don't forget Wendy ball endless hours punctuated by the occasional ball in a net sends many apolectic

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Today.
Q. Has that Cavendish person won? He crossed the line in front for the second time in a week.
A. Erm, no

Q. 3 weeks? Like a relay then. Team 1, 2 and 3?
A. Erm, no. All the riders ride every day for 3 weeks except for 2 rest days and then they just clear off for a 70 mile training ride to turn their legs
Q. That’s mad. 3 weeks, 2 days off? Have they got a Union?

Top Bottom