Dahon Mu SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyreon

I have this bike. I see this bike's saddle has a central(rubberized) fixing rail in place of a (normal) saddles standard two rails. Wanting to change the 'as is' saddle to something with a wider rear end I see the 'normal saddle's' two rails presenting problems with the present sit up. At present the saddle's clamping bolts are too short to extend then secure any wider rails.

Apologies in advance for unclear posting. I'm guessing(hoping),anyone who has experience of thissortathing will know about it and will immediately recognize it.

Double-de-dutch to others,I guess

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Had this problem myself. That's an I-Beam seat post, you need either an adaptor, if you can find one, or a new seat post (widely available).

OP
OP
T

tyreon

Thanks all for reply,mucho appreciato.

Wot! A new seat post! Then another saddle! Shish! Running out o exclamation marks!

Anyways,so now I know what it is: an I Beam. And there I was thinking of a swop that was easy,or that I was sorta confused with the thing.
Again,thanks for replies and that others have understood my post. Ta.

So's just to repeat the obvious: if I'm to change just the saddle for another,it has to be an I-Beam but this time with a broader rear. Mmmmm.

Hi Nibor. Thanks.

OP
OP
T

tyreon

As an addition: Is the VK Saddle adaptor as seen and sold by SPA cycles the problem-solved bit of kit? I would give the link and which also gives the picture,but I'm not that savvy on the computer. Thanks

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
As an addition: Is the VK Saddle adaptor as seen and sold by SPA cycles the problem-solved bit of kit? I would give the link and which also gives the picture,but I'm not that savvy on the computer. Thanks
Nope, that's not it....the adaptors are hard to find. New seat post will be much easier.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tyreon

Thanks StuAff. Much appreciated

Top Bottom