Daily Fail stiring up cyclist hate yet again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I think we're all old enough to make up our own minds.

Is this a quote from US Election Day? ;)

But you already have.
It's not an order, because he obviously knows he doesn't command anyone around here. Use of the imperative for added force is part of standard English.

I can't even think how else he could phrase it. "Please don't click"? "Would you mind not clicking"?, "I'd be awfully happy if you didn't cllck"?

Edit: actually "Just don't click folks" is nearly as mild as my suggestions. I bewildered by the you-can't-tell-me-what-to-do reaction.

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Well ok, but every time you click on a daily mail link you are quite literally giving them money and also quite literally paying for further anti cyclist propaganda which can often come close to incitement to kill cyclists (supposedly just a joke). This is quite apart from casual racism, homophobia, sexism etc even though they may slightly downplay their former support for Hitler

Just don't click folks
Responding to that rubbish with counter-arguments is better than sticking your head in the sand. As for clicks giving the news company money: how much money would one click give them? Personally, I think it's better to try to educate people than to pretend a problem doesn't exist.

Johnno260

Veteran
Can't be bothered to respond to the article comments, at work I get loads of anti cyclist comments and people just aren't interested in listening to reason.

Let the small minded tools think what they want.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Responding to that rubbish with counter-arguments is better than sticking your head in the sand. As for clicks giving the news company money: how much money would one click give them? Personally, I think it's better to try to educate people than to pretend a problem doesn't exist.

How much money one click gives is obvioulsy not much, yet all the clicks entirely fund the site. They have no other income. By engaging you are funding them and specifically you are funding this kind of article.

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
How much money one click gives is obvioulsy not much, yet all the clicks entirely fund the site. They have no other income. By engaging you are funding them and specifically you are funding this kind of article.
Yes, you made that point with the previous post, and I understood it then. There's no need to repeat the point.

Milkfloat

An Peanut

Surely that depends if you have an ad blocker or not. I would assume that it is advert loads or click through that count, not page loads. If you have an ad blocker you could in fact be costing them money.

Top Bottom