dark cycle kit!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
To be seen is to be safe.
I said I wear black, not a cloak of invisibility. But I'd rather not be seen in anything that makes me look like radioactive custard.

OP
OP
bianchi1

bianchi1

Guru
I think (and this is a good thing obviously) that cycling is experiencing a period of growth, and maybe inexperienced riders are not giving enough thought to how to approach the sport. its not how you look, if you want cool dont take up a sport where you wear tights with an ass insert, a top with pockets in the back and a polystyrene hat.
News flash everyone..we aint cool, get over it and wear something bright!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I think (and this is a good thing obviously) that cycling is experiencing a period of growth, and maybe inexperienced riders are not giving enough thought to how to approach the sport. its not how you look, if you want cool dont take up a sport where you wear tights with an ass insert, a top with pockets in the back and a polystyrene hat.

Speak for yourself. And I don't wear a polystyrene hat. But you are right - helmets do look shite.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Oh get over yourself.
A few of the members posting replies here are very experienced cyclists (some don't even wear a polystyrene hat) who probably do a lot more cycling (leisure and/or commuting) then you do. So cut the preaching ok... that is so uncool.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Given that lighting and visibility conditions vary throughout the day and the year it makes sense to have a variety of colours, and patterns, and reflectives, and lights.

I usually ride with a black helmet with reflectives, a hi-viz yellow fleece with reflectives, black or blue trousers, black gloves with reflectives, an assortment of lights on the front and rear of the bike.

However, it still relies on someone 'looking' for me to be visible.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've been cycling since 1964, and my daily commute isn't a sport, but if it were I'd still wear black.

But maybe you have a point, maybe the All Blacks are so good at rugby because no one can see them properly and they just run past the tacklers as a result.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Given that lighting and visibility conditions vary throughout the day and the year it makes sense to have a variety of colours, and patterns, and reflectives, and lights.

I usually ride with a black helmet with reflectives, a hi-viz yellow fleece with reflectives, black or blue trousers, black gloves with reflectives, an assortment of lights on the front and rear of the bike.

However, it still relies on someone 'looking' for me to be visible.
Sorry Night Train I can't read your post.

The text is black.

Could you redo it in space lemon

Top Bottom