dark cycle kit!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My avatar shows how black stands out quite well against a purple background. :whistle:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Lemon--23118.jpg

OP
OP
bianchi1

bianchi1

Guru
Have you considered the number of people who may be deterred from taking up cycling by those who suggest dressing up like a Saturday night vomit is as important as getting a bike?

Who on earth is going to decide not to take up cycling if someone highlights the importance of being visible when on the roads when the nights start drawing in. Ask yourself this.. How many people are going to be put of wearing visible clothing when you compare it to "Saturday night vomit" Is that what you would tell an instructor handing out vests for a school Bikeability session. or should they wear cool black?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I usually wear black/normal sportswear, but I have plenty of active lighting - 3 rear lights, 2 front magicshines, 4 wheel lights, front and back helmet light, and 3m spoke reflectors on the bike. I do also have a high vis and one of those BC/Skyride high vis things, but i don't often bother to wear them. I like reflectives but not high vis :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Is that what you would tell an instructor handing out vests for a school Bikeability session. or should they wear cool black?

An instructor for a school Bikeability session is obliged to hand out hi viz vests no matter what personal beliefs (s)he might have.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
All my kit is black. However, I have some pretty cool blue reflective stuff and a reflective backpack cover and lights In the day, my black clothes make me stand out against both sky and street clutter and at night I am so bright that I can stun moderately-sized animals from half a mile away... oh, and I look hot as fark and chicks and gay guys dig me. Thanks.

Top Bottom