Dark cycle users.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kryton521

Über Member
Hate to admit this but, Coming home some while back. Just passing the junction with Asda on my left and there was an almighty bang on the side of my car. Stopped and got out to see what I'd hit, hadn't seen anything.
Lying in the gutter is a young-ish fella. With a bike. all in black, simply rode his bike off the pavement and into my side.
I said, "lie still I'll call an ambulance"
If young scrote realised this would also bring the police he didn't wait to find out, swore at me, that I should look where I was going, got back on his bike and wobbled off, leaving me with nothing but a dent and scrape and an odd smell in the air!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Holy thread resurrection Batman.

Has no one considered the cyclist in black with no lights might be Batman going about fighting crime?

vickster

Legendary Member
Hate to admit this but, Coming home some while back. Just passing the junction with Asda on my left and there was an almighty bang on the side of my car. Stopped and got out to see what I'd hit, hadn't seen anything.
Lying in the gutter is a young-ish fella. With a bike. all in black, simply rode his bike off the pavement and into my side.
If young scrote realised this would also bring the police he didn't wait to find out, swore at me, that I should look where I was going, got back on his bike and wobbled off, leaving me with nothing but a dent and scrape and an odd smell in the air!
He farted from fear? :ohmy:

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
oncoming cyclists with super-bright front lights approahing on the right, and oncoming joggers with super-bright head torches approaching on the left. It's really disorienting.
Agree on that one. With joggers, it's difficult 'cos their heads are in a state of pretty constant motion, thus the light is unsteady. But with bikes, maybe the rider should stand in front of their bike with the headlamp on to see how bright it is and adjust it so it isn't shining in oncoming folk's faces - ? :eek:
Although I did observe to one rider once about his super bright dazzly headlamp and he told me to f**k off. :blush:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

So you are saying that if he’d had lights and wearing hi vis he would have ridden off the pavement into the side of your car then carried on as though nothing had happened due to their protective elements? (Confused of Clapham).

Reactions: mjr

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
So you are saying that if he’d had lights and wearing hi vis he would have ridden off the pavement into the side of your car then carried on as though nothing had happened due to their protective elements? (Confused of Clapham).
I suspect the implication was that lights etc might have made the rider visible before he rode off the pavement and avoiding action could have been taken by Kryton521?

Drago

Legendary Member
If he'd been wearing a helmet, florrie, gauntlets, chain mail and a haz mat respirator, had have been too busy helping old ladies across the road to waste time riding his bike into the side of peoples cars.

Call me old fashioned, but I think the guy crashed because he was a bell end, not because of his noir velo.

Gunk

Guru
I’m amazed in Oxford on the way home how many cyclists I see in dark clothing, no helmet and no lights, bloody crazy 🙄

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I'd prefer to be seen sooner rather than later, if I'm going to be seen, that is. All black with no lights doesn't help one's chances, but obviously many disagree with such a 'common sense' sentiment :scratch:

Top Bottom