Daughter Jumped by Two Staffies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I am still in shock so excuse the waffle and disjointed layout of this thread.

Off on a Sunday walk with my very small 9 year old daughter. We entered a field and almost immediately a large black staffie charged over aggressively and confidently. It immediately jumped up at my daughter and carried on doing so making gurgling, growling noises. I was just telling her to stay on her feet while I was trying to get between the dog and her. My daughter was getting more and more terrified and confused. I was yelling at the owner to call the dog off but it was ignoring him. It was only when I got loudly assertive with him and ordered him to get his dog on a lead* did he come near us. He clipped that first dog on. Then the other dog joined in which just seemed to make the situation worse. This second dog was more aggressive and it’s fir was standing on end. I was yelling at the owner to get the dog off us.

Once we were all separated I was now wound up, telling the owner if he can’t control his dogs they should be on leads. My daughter was also visibly terrorised by what happened and I said to the owner the very least he could do was apologise. Instead he called me a t#sser, f#ck you spastic, f#ck you w#nker etc.

That’s when I took out my phone and started taking photos. This just encouraged him to swear at us but he did turn on his heels and left the field.

What happened was illegal and I rang 101 immediately. I have been given a crime number by text and that’s it for now.

I am so horrified. All I can do for now is put all our clothes in the wash and get Sunday roast ready. She has had a shower and just wants to lie in my bed and read.

* ‘Leads’ being great thick chains attached to studded collars. I think you get the picture.

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
What a tosser. Staffs and twats seem to go hand in hand. Gladly no real harm done. Hope it doesn't have a negative impact on your daughter

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Glad you're all OK, if understandably shook up.

Follow up with the police and apply what pressure you can to stop them filing it. If you've got photos of the owner that will help.
Around here they've tightened up a lot on the rules surrounding dog walking and you have to keep your dog on a lead in a lot of places. If that's also something that applies near you, it might be another angle?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I am still in shock so excuse the waffle and disjointed layout of this thread.

Off on a Sunday walk with my very small 9 year old daughter. We entered a field and almost immediately a large black staffie charged over aggressively and confidently. It immediately jumped up at my daughter and carried on doing so making gurgling, growling noises. I was just telling her to stay on her feet while I was trying to get between the dog and her. My daughter was getting more and more terrified and confused. I was yelling at the owner to call the dog off but it was ignoring him. It was only when I got loudly assertive with him and ordered him to get his dog on a lead* did he come near us. He clipped that first dog on. Then the other dog joined in which just seemed to make the situation worse. This second dog was more aggressive and it’s fir was standing on end. I was yelling at the owner to get the dog off us.

Once we were all separated I was now wound up, telling the owner if he can’t control his dogs they should be on leads. My daughter was also visibly terrorised by what happened and I said to the owner the very least he could do was apologise. Instead he called me a t#sser, f#ck you spastic, f#ck you w#nker etc.

That’s when I took out my phone and started taking photos. This just encouraged him to swear at us but he did turn on his heels and left the field.

What happened was illegal and I rang 101 immediately. I have been given a crime number by text and that’s it for now.

I am so horrified. All I can do for now is put all our clothes in the wash and get Sunday roast ready. She has had a shower and just wants to lie in my bed and read.

* ‘Leads’ being great thick chains attached to studded collars. I think you get the picture.

That's awful, I would be horrified too were by daughter to go through this. Hope you can trace this unspeakable idiot before someone gets hurt. Sending love to your family

lane

Veteran
Sounds extremely frightening for both you and you daughter. I think your actions were very well judged in the circumstances and prevented the situation being worse. Can only echo the comment re staff owners posted above (of which this seems a typical example) and make sure you follow up with the police. My wife was bitten by a dog and followed it up with the police who investigated but took no action but it is worth persuing. Enjoy your roast.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What a terrifying experience especially for your little girl.
You were lucky the dogs didn't sink their teeth in, a terrible job to make them let go. Thank god no serious injuries were incurred.

Alwaysbroken

FBA8CA2A-E71A-4D7A-87BA-43DAF062A312.jpeg I have owned staffies.

My heart goes out to you as when confronted by capable dogs we feel vulnerable, more so when our children are the victim.

My so son was attacked and bitten by an alsatian when he was 13, he knows how to handle dogs so was not panicked until it bit him leaving him badly scarred. I don’t have an issue with Alsatians but this dog should have been under control.

I have seen a Labrador kill a small dog brutally on woolacombe beach, it was horrible!

You could have used my Staffies to re habilitated nervous burglars, they would let another dog eat from there food bowl. Staffordshire bull terriers have powerful jaws but so do so many other breeds including those considered to be service dogs. They are a victim sometimes of a certain kind of owner but inherently are a gentle loyal massively affectionate breed.

Please don’t give credence to bad owners as all dogs command responsible ownership.

This was Max, my children loved him and he was our Staffie

tom73

Guru
Glad the both of you are ok. You sound like you handled things well things like this get me going it make the rest of us dog owners look just as bad. Staffies do seam to go hand in hand with knobs for owners. Which is sad as they really are great dogs on the main.

Clearly theses are not follow it up best you can the owner needs to learn they have to be responsible. It makes you wonder if he’s like this with you god knows what his like with the dogs.

Hope you both recover quickly and she’s not put off dogs for life.

Slick

Guru
The police are doing very we’ll so far.

Rang 101 at 1445. Called back at 1700. We have a visit any minute soon and it’s only 1740.
There's no way they would ignore a report of a dangerous dog or owner. Such a shame as I know that it's cold comfort to you and your daughter but Staffies are a great breed in the right hands. I'm sure there will be further repercussions. Good luck.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
View attachment 448102 I have owned staffies.

My heart goes out to you as when confronted by capable dogs we feel vulnerable, more so when our children are the victim.

My so son was attacked and bitten by an alsatian when he was 13, he knows how to handle dogs so was not panicked until it bit him leaving him badly scarred. I don’t have an issue with Alsatians but this dog should have been under control.

I have seen a Labrador kill a small dog brutally on woolacombe beach, it was horrible!

You could have used my Staffies to re habilitated nervous burglars, they would let another dog eat from there food bowl. Staffordshire bull terriers have powerful jaws but so do so many other breeds including those considered to be service dogs. They are a victim sometimes of a certain kind of owner but inherently are a gentle loyal massively affectionate breed.

Please don’t give credence to bad owners as all dogs command responsible ownership.

This was Max, my children loved him and he was our Staffie

Not to worry. I’m not going to tar everyone with the same brush. My neighbour used to work for Bath Cats’ and Dogs’ Home. Her staffie was amazing.

This fellow isn’t in the same category trust me. Any normal human being would have apologised and offered to launder my daughter’s puffy coat. Instead I was met with verbal abuse. Clearly an aggressor and these poor animals are his chained weapons. Or an extension of his insecurities.

Top Bottom