Daughter Jumped by Two Staffies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Glad your wee one wasn't bitten, what a horrible experience.
Just before Christmas I was attacked by a big dog while on the commute.
The owner "oh, he doesn't like bikes", was holding my bike by the back rack so that the dog could bite into my tyres.
I felt sorry for the dog, I was using studded tyres, the animal must have felt pain.
I think the owner encouraged it to attack bikes.
I could not be bothered calling the police, just wanted to get home.
Hope the police take the dogs away from that man.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
But thanks to threads like this and certain misguided posts, many adults are afraid of her breed. Maybe we could edit the title? Dogs aren't dangerous. Their owners are.
Agreed that it's the owners fault, but it's not because of the title of a thread on CC folks are scared of dogs, it's because they had a bad experience.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have just seen this thread. What a terrible shock for you and your daughter. I hope you are both OK and that the police find the dog owner.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
"Staffies go for the face."
"Staffies have powerful jaws."

Just two of the comments that caught my eye.
Any dog can go for the face. Or a hand. Or a leg. They have no preference.
All dogs have powerful jaws. Breed doesn't come into it.

My own staffie/Jack Russel cross is super hyperactive and likes having a good nibble on just about everything but is the biggest softie in the world. She gallops up to little kids and rolls onto her back to have her tummy rubbed. That's how vicious she is. Terrifying.
But thanks to threads like this and certain misguided posts, many adults are afraid of her breed. Maybe we could edit the title? Dogs aren't dangerous. Their owners are.

Glad your daughter is OK heltor.

Thanks. I think any sensible person agrees the owners are the trigger. It was very clear to the PCs that these were statement dogs. What are studded collars for? What are the heavy chains for? Staffies unfortunately are fashionable with this type of individual. Accessories? Extensions of his insecurities?

Tell you what: If you are such a big man and get a kick out of terrorising a small under 10 year old child, I can almost guarantee you are quite happy to involve yourself in other criminal behaviour. That’s this guy.

No way is this a misguided post, but I respect you know what you are doing with your own dog because you are sociable and intelligent.

Thomson

Hello

The main thing is your daughter is safe and well.

This happened to my 5 year old last week. His coat hood got ripped off. I had to fend the dog off again after it came back. 5 year old in one hand my one year old in a buggy. The guy didn’t have a lead at all.

The dog was a staffy. I blame the owner.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Hello

The main thing is your daughter is safe and well.

This happened to my 5 year old last week. His coat hood got ripped off. I had to fend the dog off again after it came back. 5 year old in one hand my one year old in a buggy. The guy didn’t have a lead at all.

The dog was a staffy. I blame the owner.

Crumbs. That’s miserable. Hope all ok.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Glad you and your daughter are OK. It must have been terrifying for your daughter, not only from the dog but the verbal abuse as well.

Absolutely. This guy must be a certain type of unhinged to think it was acceptable to swear like this in front of my daughter. I never swear in front of the kids at Chez HC. My daughter couldn’t understand why I was copping the verbal abuse when he was the perpetrator. I made a point of adding this unhinged bit into my statement.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

Glad your daughter is OK heltor.
Many adults are afraid if the breed and with good reason. Because we don't know how responsible the owner is until it is too late.

Dogs should be kept on a lead at all times in public places. And if you invite people into your home and they are nervous of dogs then the dog should be kept in another room till they've gone.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
. Instead he called me a t#sser, f#ck you spastic, f#ck you w#nker etc.

I got called that the other month when i whacked a dog that jumped on my mutt's back. The chavvy owner gave it plenty,but i gave it back in equal measures. As for phoning 101 i think i would've called 999 and said the dog had bitten me and its owner was threatening me. Sometimes you have to exaggerate slightly to get a decent police response.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
As for phoning 101 i think i would've called 999 and said the dog had bitten me and its owner was threatening me. Sometimes you have to exaggerate slightly to get a decent police response.

I think our sparse police force is stretched as it is without adding more hoax 999 calls.
If there's immediate danger and risk of health/death from an aggressive dog and/or owner then fair enough, but to call 999 after the fact? Irresponsible.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think our sparse police force is stretched as it is without adding more hoax 999 calls.
If there's immediate danger and risk of health/death from an aggressive dog and/or owner then fair enough, but to call 999 after the fact? Irresponsible.
When i've called 101 in the past i've been met with 10 minutes of ridiculous questions. Calling 999 if being attacked by a dog and potentially by its owner isn't like phoning 999 because you've had the wrong pizza delivered.

Top Bottom