Dawes Galaxy price hike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velorum

He has loads of spare parts and is happy to chat for ages about upgrades & repairs etc. A shop up in Cambridge told me about him and said that he was a good egg.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Amsterdammers stock Velo Vision too, I've parcelled them up...

Joe, if you want a beat up one, do you have a bike shop near you that does part exchange, that might be the sort of thing they get in? Or does your local council allow scavenging at the tip? Car boot sales are also worth a look.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Arch said:
Amsterdammers stock Velo Vision too, I've parcelled them up...

Joe, if you want a beat up one, do you have a bike shop near you that does part exchange, that might be the sort of thing they get in? Or does your local council allow scavenging at the tip? Car boot sales are also worth a look.

Not allowed to scavenge at the tip.
Ill have to go into the LBS and ask if they have any, i doubt they will do though.
I did think about doing a ride one time, going over there, buying one then riding it back, not sure how that would work though, would i be done for importing on back?:smile:
I may put a post on the club forum to see if anyone has anything, must be someone with one tucked away or something.

What's this Velo Vision? Sounds abit naff to me.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Joe24 said:
Not allowed to scavenge at the tip.
Ill have to go into the LBS and ask if they have any, i doubt they will do though.
I did think about doing a ride one time, going over there, buying one then riding it back, not sure how that would work though, would i be done for importing on back?:wacko:
I may put a post on the club forum to see if anyone has anything, must be someone with one tucked away or something.

I can see you on one of these, Joe, working after college!

View attachment 4273

Arch

Married to Night Train
Joe24 said:

Either you know full well, and you're trying to wind me up, or you don't know, and you're making unwarranted assumptions.

See my sig.

Joe24

Arch said:
Either you know full well, and you're trying to wind me up, or you don't know, and you're making unwarranted assumptions.

See my sig.

:evil:
Arch, why do you always think the worst of me

It hurts, deep down

Arch

Married to Night Train
Joe24 said:
:smile:
Arch, why do you always think the worst of me

It hurts, deep down

Oh come on, you have to admit you've given plenty of cause in the past...

Ok then. Velo Vision is a cycling magazine, dealing mainly with utility riding, load carrying, folding and recumbents. And now I must get on with this issue's book reviews.

Joe24

Arch said:
Oh come on, you have to admit you've given plenty of cause in the past...

Ok then. Velo Vision is a cycling magazine, dealing mainly with utility riding, load carrying, folding and recumbents. And now I must get on with this issue's book reviews.

Still sounds abit.......

Any chance of a free taster copy?

Joe24

rich p said:
It's probably a bit too cutting edge for a bloke who wants to ride a crappy old Dutch town bike:evil:

Anything with more then one gear is too sophisticated and complex for me to be able to cope with

soltour

I bought a Galaxy tour about six years ago, and to be honest I have been on lots of bike camping trips abroad..eg...Poland, Austria, Morocco, Denmark, Spain etc etc and apart from damage from flights it has never let me down...Of course have a brooks saddle...one of the sort that looks used...forget what the term is..but it didnt take long for it to fit me without all the usual sores etc....and for panniers, I have had different ones but the latest ones I have customised some Carradice Super C ...ie sewn on some extra pockets and net tops...works really well...next trip is Finland to Lithuania next year..so with all the pockets onboard I wont have to keep stopping at them there Aldis....not that I have got anything against Aldis....it just gets tiresome...thats all for now folks

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
It's probably a bit too cutting edge for a bloke who wants to ride a crappy old Dutch town bike:evil:

You'd be surprised, the crappy old Dutch town bike is part of our ethos, which is sort of, "well, just get out and ride a bike, why not?" If you saw the editor's day to day hack, you'd understand.

Joe, I'll see what I can do....:evil:

Top Bottom