Day four Woo Hoo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
took me a year to get off the nicotine gum though...

well done Mickle, keep at it - one day at a time.

Well done Mickle. The physical addiction will be out of your system in a few weeks. The psychological dependencies last longer. Well worth avoiding situations that you connect directly with smoking for a while.

It's fantastic when you're finally free. You're only regret will be not doing it sooner.

Keep it up!!

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Thanks everyone. :wacko:

One of the side effects is that, having got some sense of smell back, I can smell the stale old ashtray that is my lungs. It smells fecking disgusting! Bleh! ;)

I haven't driven my car since last year, I bet that stinks too.

Unforseen side effect #2, my eyesight has improved. Everything is now in HD. Weird.

Abitrary

New year is the worst time to give up smoking, mickle. You are likely to be tempted back in the next couple of days.

Your best solution to preempt this inevitable temptation is to buy some nicorette inhalators i.e. plastic cigarettes first thing tommorrow.... and use them if you get the urge.

Your addiction will be physical and habitual and these things counter both. It took me a year on plastic fags to get off the normal ones. It's not going to be easy so have a plan 'b'.

Funtboy

I gave up two and a half years ago but it took me 5 attempts before that. The cardinal rule is don't attempt to have a sneaky drag when you've had a few. Not a single puff. Not a sneaky toke of a joint, not a cigar, nothing. Took a while for that one to sink in. That is great work though, fella. Not sure how you've avoided the cravings (bastard) but keep it up.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Abitrary said:
New year is the worst time to give up smoking, mickle. You are likely to be tempted back in the next couple of days.

Your best solution to preempt this inevitable temptation is to buy some nicorette inhalators i.e. plastic cigarettes first thing tommorrow.... and use them if you get the urge.

Your addiction will be physical and habitual and these things counter both. It took me a year on plastic fags to get off the normal ones. It's not going to be easy so have a plan 'b'.

I subscribe to Allen Carr's 'Easy Way' which eschews replacements. D'you know when you just know? I'm 47 in a few days, I'm done with it.

Funtboy said:
I gave up two and a half years ago but it took me 5 attempts before that. The cardinal rule is don't attempt to have a sneaky drag when you've had a few. Not a single puff. Not a sneaky toke of a joint, not a cigar, nothing. Took a while for that one to sink in. That is great work though, fella. Not sure how you've avoided the cravings (bastard) but keep it up.

Yep that has done it for me so many times. So I think the thing to do (for me) is not to drink for one or two months:ohmy:

Abitrary

mickle said:
I subscribe to Allen Carr's 'Easy Way' which eschews replacements. D'you know when you just know? I'm 47 in a few days, I'm done with it.

Read it. It's all about fear, right? It's actually a better book than many novels I've read recently.

I'd seriously suggest replacing allen carr though with a more realistic therapy. Your addiction is decades old and you won't beat it with a single knock out blow.

Just buy the nicorette inhalators for 5 quid tommorrow. You don't have to use them.

Top Bottom