Day four Woo Hoo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funtboy

Abitrary said:
Your addiction is decades old and you won't beat it with a single knock out blow.

Just buy the nicorette inhalators for 5 quid tommorrow. You don't have to use them.

He gave up for 8 months!

Gan on Mickle son, do it your own way.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Abitrary said:
Your addiction is decades old and you won't beat it with a single knock out blow.

My decades old addiction was stopped dead in its tracks with a single knockout blow. Influenza that had me bedridden for four days - I didn't have the strength to go downstairs for a cigarette. I recognised the golden opportunity and destroyed my remaining cigarettes when I had sufficient strength to go downstairs.

Still nicotene free five years later.

Abitrary

Mickle isn't some sort of god. He may have given up for 8 months, but he started again, which is even worse than starting smoking in the first place in some ways.

Using the plastic cigarettes lets you wind down, deconstructing the reasons you started smoking in the first place. I tried everything and only the placcy fags provide some sort of mental and physical closure.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I stopped after 20 years of heavy smoking 3 years ago.

No books, no hypnosis, no mumbo jumbo or voodoo. Just a positive attitude towards stopping. Its as simple as that ime.

Keep it up Mickle!

HelenD123

Guru
spandex said:
Yep even R mc g has said he is quitting so it is going to be 100%

That's amazing! When we went out for that drink with Punkypossum in May there must have been at least half a dozen of you puffing away. Well done.

Funtboy

Abitrary said:
He may have given up for 8 months, but he started again, which is even worse than starting smoking in the first place in some ways.

That's bollocks for start. Never give up giving up. It took me 5 shots but I got there in the end. I am now godlike. Worship me.

postman

Legendary Member
Another well done from me also. You should save a fortune,spend it on the bike.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Funtboy said:
I gave up two and a half years ago but it took me 5 attempts before that. The cardinal rule is don't attempt to have a sneaky drag when you've had a few. Not a single puff. Not a sneaky toke of a joint, not a cigar, nothing. Took a while for that one to sink in. That is great work though, fella. Not sure how you've avoided the cravings (bastard) but keep it up.

Couldn't agree more ;)

Well done Mickle, top work Sir. I'm entering my third Year of smoke-free smugness and it's bloody great. Welcome to the club :angry: :biggrin:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I 'gave up' almost nine years ago. 'Gave up' as in smoking three cigarettes in 2008, and one in 2006. If you lapse, just sigh, turn a new page, and stick with it. The very best of luck.

ChrisKH

Guru
Best of luck Mickle. I only smoked for a short while whilst young but still crave one when I have had a drink. So I don't drink much, but you don't have to go that far. ;)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Well done Mickle, I'm now inspired. I have one remainig in a carton and a fresh twenty waiting for me. When they are finished i am determined not to buy any more.

Perhaps we need a self help thread for quitters where we can go for moral support during the withdrawl stages? It can be a lonely old business.

tyred

Legendary Member
Well done. It's stories like these that convince me that someday I'll be able to kick it too.

Every packet I've bought for the past ten years has been my "last"...

Top Bottom