Day four Woo Hoo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I smoked in the womb.

As a kid every adult in my family was on 20 a day so I passive smoked from birth.

I started smoking my own fags at age eleven and was on twenty a day by the age of sixteen.

I started smoking roll ups because I thought the bother of making them would reduce my consumption.
That was 1982. It didn't.

So, twenty per day for thirty years

Ye gods, doesn't it look awful written down like that?

Anyway bouyed up by my success in the 'not getting pissed every night' department I gave up smoking in the early hours of 2009.

No pangs, no cravings, no regrets. Chuffed!:ohmy:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well done Mickle, keep it up. I was much the same prior to my heart issues and quitting the fags was the best thing I ever did... but it ain't easy. Be vigilant, those pangs can catch you off guard!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
mickle said:
I smoked in the womb.

As a kid every adult in my family was on 20 a day so I passive smoked from birth.

Ditto for me.

I have never touched one.

Left home at 16 for some clean air.

At 21 found a girlfriend I love, who as a bonus has never smoked. 20 years later we have a lovely daughter that doesn't have to grow up cleaning out mucky ashtrays to earn pocket money.

snakehips

Woo Hoo indeed , keep it up , we're all watching you.
Snake
AS2.jpg

TVC

Excellent work.

Can I just point out one little mentioned side effect of stopping smoking - As your blood thins and your vascular system improves, certain 'hydraulic' processes in the male body become stronger with pleasing visable results.

Keep it up (as it where)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Excellent stuff, Mickle! Keep it up.

Good on ya, I quit Xmas day 07 (40 a day for 25 years) so hit the 1 year mark a little over a week ago, like you no help or anything.

So all I can say is keep it up, you will have days when you wish you could have a smoke, doing certain things where you used to smoke etc but these do fall away.

Not to mention the extra cash and fitness that you will find, though the extra cash will soon disappear but at least you aren't rolling up a fiver every now and then and setting light to it.

mondobongo

Über Member
Well done Mickle and keep going!!

Cravings will go as quickly as they arrive don't be tempted to just have half of one or a cigar its the biggest slippery slope in the world and caught me plenty of times.
Wait till your sense of smell comes back and you stand next to a smoker they stink.
I have been off them a year in February and can now really notice a difference healthwise the money soon gets absorbed elsewere.

Best of all is being an ex smoker and we really are the worst non smokers enjoy being one.

Top Bottom