Day four Woo Hoo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

Giving up is easy.

The hard bit comes when you think you have cracked it.

Good luck in your quest for a smoke free life Mickle.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Still going strong! :ohmy::biggrin:

LLB

Uncle Mort said:
No it's bloody not :evil:

I smoked for 7 years and went cold turkey whilst smoking 20 a day when I was 21.

I had a couple of relapses in the few years after giving up and ended up smoking 10 a day after a couple of weeks, but giving up again wasn't anywhere near as difficult as the first time.

I don't miss it at all now and really don't like the smell of it at all.

Fantastic stuff! However.......

The willpower you have been using thus far, like any other power used this successfully, will be pretty depleted.

The euphoria of becoming a non smoker will start to die down a little and become more day to day. This is the time when you need to be most on your guard. The evil thoughts may creep up on you when your guard is down so beware.

Plan A has worked well so far, make sure you have a Plan B.

Mine was to always have running gear on the radiators in case willpower was lacking. A quick 30 min blast sorted me out and reminded me of the massive physical changes taking place inside me.

I don't mean to sound negative; I just don't want your good efforts plateauing and the little gremlins finding out and coming to get you!

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Funtboy said:
Any wobbly moments? Have you had a drink in that time?

No wobbly moments. Had a couple of pints in a pub last week and spent last night sploshing wine down my neck.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
cheadle hulme said:
Fantastic stuff! However.......

The willpower you have been using thus far, like any other power used this successfully, will be pretty depleted.

The euphoria of becoming a non smoker will start to die down a little and become more day to day. This is the time when you need to be most on your guard. The evil thoughts may creep up on you when your guard is down so beware.

Plan A has worked well so far, make sure you have a Plan B.

Mine was to always have running gear on the radiators in case willpower was lacking. A quick 30 min blast sorted me out and reminded me of the massive physical changes taking place inside me.

I don't mean to sound negative; I just don't want your good efforts plateauing and the little gremlins finding out and coming to get you!

I don't think I'm using willpower. I've managed to convince myself that I'm a non smoker. :cheers::biggrin:

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Three days to go till the big three week thing and still going strong. I have had no desire to smoke whatsoever, the very idea is utterly repellant. Bonuses include the ability to smell and taste particular things for the first time in decades. Carraway seeds, sage (and uh..halitosis..). It has just dawned on me though that I'm doing something that my father did when he gave up twenty eight years ago; the old midnight trip to the fridge :tongue: But, since I've also cut out the booze I'm experiencing no net gain in my love handle dept. Loving it. Love being able to breath silently too. Thanks for your support :smile:;)

Abitrary

Like I said. Buy the plastic inhalators and keep them on standby.

Sooner or later you go through a stressful moment that will make you lose all perspective about this. Treat addiction with respect. Don't underestimate it.

Just don't inhale actual smoke again.

I don't want thanks for this advice because I don't take praise gladly.

Top Bottom