Day lights & Light questions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Because I get a brighter light for every press. You get flashing then bright. It’s even worse if you are on a mid-setting where you get dim, then flashing, then bright. There are times when I need bright very quickly and getting less light is really not helpful.

I’m not going at you, just the light makers who seem to have settled on this same MO. It always annoyed me until I got the Hope light and realised they had given it some thought.

Lovacott

Über Member
Because I get a brighter light for every press. You get flashing then bright. It’s even worse if you are on a mid-setting where you get dim, then flashing, then bright. There are times when I need bright very quickly and getting less light is really not helpful.

I’m not going at you, just the light makers who seem to have settled on this same MO. It always annoyed me until I got the Hope light and realised they had given it some thought.
I run two of the rechargeable front lights and they have pretty good mounts which can be swivelled side to side and up and down.

On dark roads, I ride with both lights on full beam and dip them by hand when I don't need them so much or when something is approaching. I know the commute well enough to know where I will need more light.

I'll be back on the lights in the morning for the whole commute because I will be arriving at work before sunrise (after the clocks went forward last night).

Top Bottom