Dear all....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Thanks @Shaun. It's exactly 6 months ago today that her life changed.
The support and donations I've had from the CC massive have impressed me no end. I can't say thankyou often enough or loud enough!
My daughter is now living independently, back at her flat, wit support from her boyfriend. She still has 2 appointments each week (one physical, one counselling) and is doing well, but understandably has her down days. She lives not too far from Grenfell Tower, and has been down there a few times, not to gawp, but to try and help and show support for fellow burns victims. She's been inspiring, to be honest, and shown me a strength and resilience I didn't know she had. #proudDad
One thing we know is that her hair is not going to grow back, and she is wearing various wigs, and looking into other possibilities for the future.
Ongoing treatment is estimated at 5 years, and she has some major surgery still to come, possibly in about a year's time from now.
Her bodily burns/scars are healing well, but still require attention from nursing staff.

THANK YOU EVERYONE
I :wub: CycleChat

A big well done and massive respect to your Daughter for the way she's fighting this and my very best wishes for her continuing recovery and a good outcome to this.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
A big well done and massive respect to your Daughter for the way she's fighting this and my very best wishes for her continuing recovery and a good outcome to this.
Thanks @dave r :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
Cheers mate.... well, I put 300 squid as a target yesterday at 5pm, and (with gift aid) I`m only 5 squid short. Imma raise the target. x
See "Any" has been your best supporter. She gets around.

Done well given you thought £300 might be a bit much to expect.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
This time next week, I'll hopefully have completed my ride in the Prudential London/Surrey 100 miler, raising money for an epilepsy charity, my daughter's life having been irrevocably changed through this condition, and a horrific accident resulting from it.

Training has been going well. Yesterday I completed a 'dress rehearsal' 101.5 mile ride with a friend from my cycling club. It was very wet, but really quite exhilarating.

I just want to thank all CycleChatters who have donated, whether in name, or anonymously Thank you so much! My initial target was £300, which was reached on day one. Gradually the target rose to £2000, which has also now been passed. With Gift Aid, the total is now £2,668. I really never expected to raise this much. Thank you. You know who you are x

Anyone else who would like to donate, please see this link:
https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/geraldkelly1

classic33

Leg End Member
This time next week, I'll hopefully have completed my ride in the Prudential London/Surrey 100 miler, raising money for an epilepsy charity, my daughter's life having been irrevocably changed through this condition, and a horrific accident resulting from it.

Training has been going well. Yesterday I completed a 'dress rehearsal' 101.5 mile ride with a friend from my cycling club. It was very wet, but really quite exhilarating.

I just want to thank all CycleChatters who have donated, whether in name, or anonymously Thank you so much! My initial target was £300, which was reached on day one. Gradually the target rose to £2000, which has also now been passed. With Gift Aid, the total is now £2,668. I really never expected to raise this much. Thank you. You know who you are x

Anyone else who would like to donate, please see this link:
https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/geraldkelly1
You're doing the ride in a dress!!

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
DSC_0015.JPG

Top Bottom