Dear all....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
This thread kicked off at a time when I was extremely busy and also somewhat unwell, so I am a bit late to the party. I hope the young lass is making good progress and wish you all the best for a sunny and enjoyable 100 miles in her honour.

classic33

Leg End Member
84 days to event start.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
11 days to go, before your ride!
Sure is... slowly getting up to fitness (not been cycling as much as I normally do).
I have organised a 100 miler with some friends this Saturday. I always like to 'do the distance' before I 'do the distance, if you see what I mean.

I'm going to update the donation site this weekend at some point. Currently well over £2,000 (for which, in large part, I thank the wonderful people from CycleChat!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
That's great news - Chapeau to the CC Massive (and everyone else who donated) and good luck for the ride @Fnaar. If you don't mind me asking, how's your daughter doing now?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:
Thanks @Shaun. It's exactly 6 months ago today that her life changed.
The support and donations I've had from the CC massive have impressed me no end. I can't say thankyou often enough or loud enough!
My daughter is now living independently, back at her flat, wit support from her boyfriend. She still has 2 appointments each week (one physical, one counselling) and is doing well, but understandably has her down days. She lives not too far from Grenfell Tower, and has been down there a few times, not to gawp, but to try and help and show support for fellow burns victims. She's been inspiring, to be honest, and shown me a strength and resilience I didn't know she had. #proudDad
One thing we know is that her hair is not going to grow back, and she is wearing various wigs, and looking into other possibilities for the future.
Ongoing treatment is estimated at 5 years, and she has some major surgery still to come, possibly in about a year's time from now.
Her bodily burns/scars are healing well, but still require attention from nursing staff.

THANK YOU EVERYONE
I :wub: CycleChat

Last edited:

Shaun

Founder
That sounds more positive that you might have hoped for 6 months ago Fnaar.

The "like" is for your daughter's strength of spirit. She sounds inspirational. :notworthy: Proud dad indeed. :biggrin:

Top Bottom