Dear all....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
:bravo::wahhey::dance:What a total take a :thanks:sir.

TVC

Apologies for the delay, donation made.

I felt I couldn't contribute to this thread until I'd done the deed. Posting here and not dipping into my pocket would just be wrong.

Anyway, kudos on the amount pledged so far. I look forward to seeing the photos when you lube your tackle and mount up to exert yourself until you cross the line completely spent.

Tin Pot

Guru
I wrote a while ago about my daughter`s recent life changing accident.
I deleted the post where I gave specific details of that accident.
I have now decided to give them again, for reasons explained below.

My 24 year old daughter has had frequent epileptic seizures over the last 7 years. It began out of the blue, no real family history of it (except 1 of my uncles, who had a few, but not often). My daughter has had 45 that we know about during that time.

She had a seizure a few weeks ago in her flat in London (she is/was in her final term of her degree). As she fell, she knocked over a candle, starting a fire, during which she received serious and life-changing burns.

She is facing up to her present situation and her future with such positivity, that it has inspired me.

Coincidentally, I got notification yesterday that I have a place in the Ride London-Surrey 100 event on 30th July.

I have decided to raise money for an epilepsy charity.

If you feel you can or want to donate, please follow this link.

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/geraldkelly1

I have always tried to be incognito on here, basically because I like the anonymity, and in my field of work, I am quite well-known, But f*ck that, life can be too short. Some of you know me, most of you don`t. My daughter`s recent experience has taught me that I don`t give a monkey`s.

Admins, hope this is OK in the cafe, please feel free to move if necessary.

An Ayrton from me - good luck.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
How did I manage to miss this for so long? You have another deposit in your collecting pouch.

Top Bottom