Dear all....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Good luck on your ride Fnaar, and best wishes to your daughter for a good recovery. Both myself and my Good Lady have donated a few quid for your epilepsy charity.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I wrote a while ago about my daughter`s recent life changing accident.
I deleted the post where I gave specific details of that accident.
I have now decided to give them again, for reasons explained below.

My 24 year old daughter has had frequent epileptic seizures over the last 7 years. It began out of the blue, no real family history of it (except 1 of my uncles, who had a few, but not often). My daughter has had 45 that we know about during that time.

She had a seizure a few weeks ago in her flat in London (she is/was in her final term of her degree). As she fell, she knocked over a candle, starting a fire, during which she received serious and life-changing burns.

She is facing up to her present situation and her future with such positivity, that it has inspired me.

Coincidentally, I got notification yesterday that I have a place in the Ride London-Surrey 100 event on 30th July.

I have decided to raise money for an epilepsy charity.

If you feel you can or want to donate, please follow this link.

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/geraldkelly1

I have always tried to be incognito on here, basically because I like the anonymity, and in my field of work, I am quite well-known, But f*ck that, life can be too short. Some of you know me, most of you don`t. My daughter`s recent experience has taught me that I don`t give a monkey`s.

Admins, hope this is OK in the cafe, please feel free to move if necessary.
Your Daughter sounds awesome. You must be very proud.

Best wishes to you both.

postman

Legendary Member
Miss Goodbody is offering a free message to anyone feeling a little stiff after cycling the 100 miles.
sedcw.jpg

Shaun

Founder
Wonder if there's a market for special CC mankinis....
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :eek: :giggle:

BTW, sorry @Fnaar, I forgot to follow up with a donation last night, got side-tracked, that is now corrected.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I think we can let you off this time. Ooops, look, I appear to have bumped the thread by replying to your bump. ;) :whistle:
Phew, looks like we both escaped a ban. Lucky us.

Oh, I just realised ~ I bumped the thread again. I guess the best way to stop that happening again is to donate.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
To all those from CC who've donated,

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I AM TOTALLY IMPRESSED, TAKEN ABACK, ETC....

Originally I decided not to enter through the charity itself, but simply to raise money on their behalf.
They offered to pay your entry fee if you promised to raise £450.
I decided that I'd never be able to raise that much, so I set a target of £300, and am paying the entry fee myself (probably would have done this anyway, tbh).
Obvs I asked friends, colleagues, rellies, facebook friends, twitter followers etc, but THANKS IN LARGE PART TO YOU LOVELY PEOPLE ON CYCLE CHAT, the target has been totally smashed.
CURRENTLY AT £786, AND WITH GIFT AID = £934.25

THANK YOU. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
I've just arrived back in Northumberland from visiting my daughter (she had another op on Thursday, and it's merely the start of a long road/journey of recuperation.
She was moved to tears when I told her about your donations.

The ride is on 30th July, donations page open till October.
Thank you so much.

little-heart-md.png

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
will you be wearing anything CC related?

A CC mankini I heard !

The charity say that even if you don't sign up through them, but raise (enough) money for them, they'l send you a charity-cycling jersey to wear on the day. Have asked for this, but don't wanna chase them up for it.
If someone wants to crochet/knit/fabricate me a CC mankini, I'll wear it :smile:
Medium size usually, but need room for my unfeasibly large sprockets.

Tim Hall

The charity say that even if you don't sign up through them, but raise (enough) money for them, they'l send you a charity-cycling jersey to wear on the day. Have asked for this, but don't wanna chase them up for it.
If someone wants to crochet/knit/fabricate me a CC mankini, I'll wear it :smile:
Medium size usually, but need room for my unfeasibly large sprockets.
My daughter is an ace crocheteer. I'll get on her case.

Top Bottom