Dear ambulance driver: thanks.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Don't half make you jump, doesn't it?

BigAl68

Über Member
Working in a heart hospital I have become desensitised to them I think. They are loud when you don't expect them though

OT

A few months ago I had a nightmare where I was being called back to work by an employer I left 20 years ago!

They were very insistent... Until I woke up

What had happened was that an ambulance had been called for a neighbour, and the blue light flashing in the window had triggered memories of the night duty bunk by Casualty. The link of a blue light flashing in the window had triggered the automatic response that I was required to deal with the patient!

OT

A few months ago I had a nightmare where I was being called back to work by an employer I left 20 years ago!

They were very insistent... Until I woke up

What had happened was that an ambulance had been called for a neighbour, and the blue light flashing in the window had triggered memories of the night duty bunk by Casualty. The link of a blue light flashing in the window had triggered the automatic response that I was required to deal with the patient!

And then you ripped out the bleeding heart and ate it, yes? :evil:

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
There's a part of the road I commute on which has a massive drain cover and it's right by a speed camera too...I've been woken up so many times by cars silently passing by as they dip their revs...nearly enough to make me go shopping for a brown saddle.

I try not to do it in the police car - trouble is (and I think it's probably the same for Ambo) the passenger can also reach and turn on the lights and sirens, and you can get the odd overexcitable colleague who does it without thinking as soon as they accept the job!

Drago

Legendary Member
I try not to do it in the police car - trouble is (and I think it's probably the same for Ambo) the passenger can also reach and turn on the lights and sirens, and you can get the odd overexcitable colleague who does it without thinking as soon as they accept the job!
when i was a shiny young copper in the early nineties my favourite pastime at night was sneaking up behind cyclists with no lights and giving them a blast of the wailers. Many came close to a coronary, and one managed to fall off. Shame.

Drago

Legendary Member
They are too bright. So bright they can cause problems with visibility at night and have to be switched off to let the bobby see what they're doing at the scene. Trumpton often ask us to switch them off accident scenes cos they're being blinded.

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
Poor driving if you ask me. As people have mentioned the blue lights are very bright. The Ambo driver could have just turned the blue lights on for 10 seconds or so before switching the siren on, that way it's more expected. If people were more observant when driving, sirens would never be needed.

Top Bottom