Deep Heat, Is it useful for cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
That sounds like a bike fit issue as said. Maybe time to lose the aero edge and adopt the comfort position instead. I've done this myself recently...no more neck pain :smile:

Tenkaykev

Guru
In the dim and distant mists of time our running club captain was a glaswegian chap, ex boxer and hard as nails.

I started experiencing pain in my knee during a London to Brighton race. His solution was to fill a knee support with something called " Fiery Jack" if I recall correctly. The reasoning being that the feeling of the whole knee feeling as if it were on fire would mask the sharpness of the original pain. 🔥😭

Globalti

Legendary Member
Oh well you could get somebody to kick you in the nuts, that would take your mind off your knee pain or sore muscles.

PapaZita

Guru
When I visited a physiotherapist, it was recommended that I applied heat to an injured area. She seemed horrified when I asked if Deep Heat was appropriate. Apparently it just feels hot because it irritates the skin. A microwaveable wheat-bag was recommended, and seems to be very effective. Less convenient for on-bike use though.

DRM

Guru
I always thought it was Winter Green with it’s distinctive aroma for sport on cold days, wheat bags are good for aches and pains as you can put them in the freezer as well as heat in the microwave

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Yep, that smell of embrocation in the lay by near the starting line :smile:. Nowadays it's a couple of ibuprofen. Can't remember the name of the "embro" off the top of my head, wasn't deep heat though.
Goddards White Oil Embrocation. Marvellous stuff. I used it all the time for warming up muscles, sprains and aches. They stopped making it some years back. I still have a bottle of it in the cupboard though.

Top Bottom