Dehumidifier or heat source tumble drier ?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I checked my dehumidifier yesterday. It is rated at 250W. I ran it for 8 hours with washing airing on and in front of a radiator which would have been on anyway. That got the washing dry.

2 kWh doesn't seem too bad!

figbat

Slippery scientist
First run last night, full load of washing dried on Eco mode. Program states 3hr 14 mins, its actual time was around 2 hrs maximum, odd i thought ?
It has a sensor, monitoring the dryness of the clothes so i assume modifies the program run time as it goes. It calls it 'cupboard dry' on completion of cycle, its not old style 'hot' dry, it feels different, but there are other settings to get even drier....at extra energy useage of course.
Wife always selects a 1600 spin speed on the washer so that probably impacts the result for the better.
Wife is quite happy, that's ultimately what matters.

IIRC "cupboard dry" is very slightly damp, with the expectation that you will put the clothes in an airing cupboard or similar to finish off. In other words, not arid dry and OK if you're not going to wear the clothes immediately.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
IIRC "cupboard dry" is very slightly damp, with the expectation that you will put the clothes in an airing cupboard or similar to finish off. In other words, not arid dry and OK if you're not going to wear the clothes immediately.

I think that explains it perfectly :okay:

Top Bottom