Derogatory terms for skilled jobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ANT 666

Trying to re member
Armoured farmers was the nickname of armoured engineers in the Royal Engineers, I quite liked it!

I always preferred 'Plod' I think it sums up the speed they respond to 'incidents' at. :whistle:

Noddy's mate, wasn't it!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3vQl2xY8YlfDBHjP9aNKAB6pOe8DZcIpvD0GzyU73o77afOyO.jpg

gingerscott

I was referred to as the Rock Sniffer when working as a Geologist on a North Sea drilling rig. The fresh graduates who were responsible for collecting the rock samples as they came out of the wellbore, were commonly called S**t Baggers.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
A friend of mine when asked to list his mother's profession on a form put 'domestic engineer', which I rather like.

I'm what is commonly known as a 'hack' - I churn out copy to order. It's not a complimentary term but it's a fair description of what I do. I wanted to be a writer for a living since I was a small child, but the reality doesn't quite live up to the dreams of my youth.
Mrs M has been a food service assistant. I reckon that they might want to rebrand as "Nutrition Solutions Providers".

D

Deleted member 1258

Some job titles are beefed up instead. I once saw a job for a cleaner advertised as 'Skilled hygiene and cleanliness operative'.

At one point my son was doing a cleaning job in a factory, someone at one point referred to him as a Bristled cleaning implement technician.

Does the name 'Black Rats' still apply to Traffic Police?

Mrs M has been a food service assistant. I reckon that they might want to rebrand as "Nutrition Solutions Providers".
One of our ex-Nurses (moved to another Trust) & her husband, also ran a food providing service
He deemed himself a 'Marine Coating & Heating Technician'
They had a Fish & Chip shop

Our highly skilled (& potentially life-saving) ParaMedics are only 'Ambulance Drivers', according to a certain Jeremy Hunt

Drago

Legendary Member
Being called a pig never worried me, even being of Jewish descent.

I'm not aware of any names for dog handlers. RPU are Ice Cream Boys, because of their tendency to wander round in sunglasses all year round, even at two in the morning, looking like its so sunny they need an ice cream.

Firearms are Gun Monkeys. Sometimes they're called Rug or Carpet Carriers, because some of them get a bit carried away and walk about with their arms splayed out to look 'ard, as if they had a rolled up carpet under each arm. Really bad offenders will be nicknamed Mr Tickle.

Proactive teams are called No Active teams, because they do some cracking arrests and then ruin it by never bothering with the paperwork.

Chief Constable = Chief Freemason.

Superintendent = Supernintendo.

The inspector will be The Boss, sometimes gaffer or guvnor to an older serving copper.

PCSOs = The Asthma Police.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've never minded being called a Sparks, on occasion I may have created some so kind of fits.

Plumbers/pipe fitters are 'Pipe Benders'

Mechanical Engineers are 'Knuckle Draggers'

I'm effectively the area sales manager for the African continent and I travel to and function successfully in some challenging places, which includes appointing agents and distributors and negotiating quite complex payment arrangements. We aren't big on job titles but it gets up my nose when the UK clerks call me a "rep" as it's a bit more than that!
what would you prefer? Slayer of men and lover of women? King of Africa? International man of mystery?

Top Bottom