DI2 and Santa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:cry:

By the time you get it the next model might get released...

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Yes !
I ordered a Sportful bib tight and gloves , she intercepted them from the postie and now wrapped up.
Shoot !

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Why are people buying Xmas gifts already...it’s not even bloody December!

What’s wrong with the sram etap?
two different bikes vickster............etap is on the cannondale synapse hi mod super bike.........the di2 is going on my Ti crossbike

and just because its not december doesnt mean you cant go shopping for gifts, if i waited til december i would be a very broke december man

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I wonder who she's bought it for. Can't be you because, as @vickster reminds us, you're a happy SRAM Etap user.
di2 is for the other bike as i wanted a clutched rear derrauiler as it runs a 1x set-up, flatbar with hydraulic discs........with the new etube system now in use, you can match road or climbing shifters with the mtb rear derraulier, therefore allowing to run with 1 climbing shifter, internal battery, display screen and rear mech

so it will be 40t chainring.........11/40 cassette

@jowwy If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the Etap and di2 set-ups as upgrades?

I've been looking at upgrading my TT bike to electronic shifting so I can shift from either aero or base bars.

SRAM eTap comes in cheaper initially (at about £1100 - £1200) but if I damage a rear derailleur (I had one snap on an MTB years ago) I'd be looking at £400+ to replace it!!

Di2 comes in at about £1300 - £1400 (including the e-tube ANT+ transmitter/received) - that seems to get that high because its £20 a cable and I appear to need lots... However, if I damage any individual component (derailleur most likely) then I'm 'only' looking at £100-£200 to replace.

As it stands I think I'll wait, but I can't help feeling I may be missing something in both cases; for eTap is it the case that there is a cheaper way of replacing a broken derailleur? For Di2 have I got too many cables:

4x 350mm shifter wires
downtube wire 1000mm
battery wire 500mm
Front Derailleur wire 300mm
Rear Derailleur wire 600mm
D-Fly cable

That's about £180 in cables alone!

Top Bottom