DI2 and Santa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
@jowwy If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the Etap and di2 set-ups as upgrades?

I've been looking at upgrading my TT bike to electronic shifting so I can shift from either aero or base bars.

SRAM eTap comes in cheaper initially (at about £1100 - £1200) but if I damage a rear derailleur (I had one snap on an MTB years ago) I'd be looking at £400+ to replace it!!

Di2 comes in at about £1300 - £1400 (including the e-tube ANT+ transmitter/received) - that seems to get that high because its £20 a cable and I appear to need lots... However, if I damage any individual component (derailleur most likely) then I'm 'only' looking at £100-£200 to replace.

As it stands I think I'll wait, but I can't help feeling I may be missing something in both cases; for eTap is it the case that there is a cheaper way of replacing a broken derailleur? For Di2 have I got too many cables:

4x 350mm shifter wires
downtube wire 1000mm
battery wire 500mm
Front Derailleur wire 300mm
Rear Derailleur wire 600mm
D-Fly cable

That's about £180 in cables alone!
i paid cash for my etap which was £1157..........................the di2 is as follows

Evans Cycle to work scheme
xt di2 rear mech £182 (price match black friday sale)
Battery £85
Battery Case £45 (included 1 battery cable and B junction)

Ebay Purchases
shifter £65
Di2 console - £60
Wiring £20 each ( only 2x1000mm cabes required)

only 1 shifter as i'm running 1x11 and using a satellite climbing shifter

Thanks for that @jowwy - looks like I'm not too far off the mark then. Will have to have a serious think about whether to pull the trigger on it before sterling falls further...

Top Bottom