Did the earth just move?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I felt that here as well. ;) :blush:

I think it'll be a regular occurence...

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Aint the geology of the rocks under Yorkshire condusive to slips and shifts underground anyway? I'm sure I once read that the York area was the "earthquake capital" of the UK?

..or it could just be the fact I cant sleep.. :blush:

I reckon Arch has superpowers. Yeah that must be it. :tongue: Like matey from The X Men.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We had one in Lancs a year or two ago; Mrs Gti ad I were just dropping off to sleep and it felt as if somebody was shaking the bed. Lasted a couple of seconds and was over before we even realised what it was.

Earthquakes in Yorkshire, floods in Australia, birds falling out of the sky in the US... were all doomed I tells thee DOOMED!

Pull yourself together, Frazer... :thumbsup:

I was in Sydney in 1989 and felt the shake from the earthquake 180 km away in Newcastle - 5.6 on the RS.

I was in my mate's cellar building a bar for him and just as I thumped the wall the quake struck and he asked me what the bloody hell I was doing! :tongue:

JamesAC

I have added my report, yes. Not much to say, but I mentioned the two separate judders.

Quite right about living in San Fran (or LA). Daft place to live ;) Like Naples. Appparently no one who studies Vesuvius chooses to live in Naples....

Quite right, too. No one in his right mind would live anywhere near. It's just waiting to go off.

Top Bottom