Diecast Models Anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Might have to get all mine out and photograph them :blink::excl:

Here's mine. Took so long because it took me ages to get round in photographing them:whistle:

Would love to sell them all but have no idea where to start.....maybe I'll put them on my website and see if I get an responses......I tried eBay last year or the year before and they were going cheap and wasn't worth the effort in putting them on.

Attachments

• juhgdjhgdjjj.jpg
    juhgdjhgdjjj.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 24
I've got loads of those, gifted to my by well-meaning relatives, as mentioned upthread. They were produced in massive numbers, so they'll have a standard price, which, is, unfortunately not very much. They tend to be a charity shop staple.

Unless you've a limited edition or a rarity, that's pretty well much the situation.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Here's mine. Took so long because it took me ages to get round in photographing them:whistle:

Would love to sell them all but have no idea where to start.....maybe I'll put them on my website and see if I get an responses......I tried eBay last year or the year before and they were going cheap and wasn't worth the effort in putting them on.
You've got some interesting models there .

classic33

Leg End Member

Check Hattons site out. They used to have a wishlist on there, people wanting specific models.

Luli Adeyemo
Here you go.

Around a dozen of these, (50s and 60s American muscle and barges complete with boxes).
View attachment 495070

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

Lola!!!
Coulson's 'Vette

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pn0AJYzU38

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I had a Noddy car, since repossessed by my parents. Somewhat un-woke, it has Noddy and Big-Ears in the two seats and Golly in the boot! Mine is a lot more played-with than this pristine example.

Attachments

• noddy---corgi-comics-n-801---noddy-s-car-with-big-ears---mr-golly-p-image-410014-grande.jpg
    noddy---corgi-comics-n-801---noddy-s-car-with-big-ears---mr-golly-p-image-410014-grande.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 4
  • noddy---corgi-comics-n-801---noddy-s-car-with-big-ears---mr-golly-p-image-410016-grande.jpg
    noddy---corgi-comics-n-801---noddy-s-car-with-big-ears---mr-golly-p-image-410016-grande.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 4

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Fred resurrection.
Got given this Matchbox 1961 Commer Milk Van last month. Someone had covered it in thick paint, several coats of it by all accounts. Used oven cleaner to get the paint off the metal, and nail polish remover from the plastic parts. Repainted it with Tamiya model paint and polished the plastic glass with T-cut. Got the transfers from eBay.

IMG_3134.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3164.jpeg

IMG_3163.jpeg

IMG_3180.jpeg

IMG_3178.jpeg

IMG_3181.jpeg

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Fred resurrection.
Got given this Matchbox 1961 Commer Milk Van last month. Someone had covered it in thick paint, several coats of it by all accounts. Used oven cleaner to get the paint off the metal, and nail polish remover from the plastic parts. Repainted it with Tamiya model paint and polished the plastic glass with T-cut. Got the transfers from eBay.

View attachment 691741

View attachment 691742

View attachment 691743

View attachment 691744

View attachment 691745

View attachment 691746

View attachment 691747

View attachment 691748

View attachment 691749

View attachment 691750

That looks good.
Sometimes it's nice to do a bit of tinkering .
A friend of mine who also used to do panel beating and spraying now works on a smaller scale buying old tatty Dinky and Corgi cars and resprays them . He takes them apart and strips the paint off with caustic soda .
I prefer to use cellulose thinners as you can sometimes get down to the original paint .

Fred resurrection.

View attachment 691741

View attachment 691742

View attachment 691743

View attachment 691744

View attachment 691745

View attachment 691746

View attachment 691747

View attachment 691748

View attachment 691749

View attachment 691750

Absolutely lovely job.

Top Bottom