Digital camera problem...............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowgrind

Can anyone shed any light on the problem I have with my camera? As digital cameras go this must be a relic. It`s about five years old, made by Toshiba and has a Canon zoom lens 4.2 mega pixels. I`ve taken some great clear images over the years but have recently lost the sharpness to all my photos with no obvious reason. I`ve checked the settings, cleaned the lens tried shots in bright light, low light all to no avail. Any suggestions? Or am I due a new Box Brownie? :sad:

Bigtallfatbloke

shoulda gone to specsavers;):sad:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Same thing happened to my first digital camera - I guess its sort of lost its ability to focus. I took the option of buying a new one so guess I can't help sorry :sad:

gbb

Legendary Member
Its funny you ask SG...
My Sony Cybershot, 5 years old maybe is showing similar problems.

I just feel it doesnt take pictures as well as it used to...

Have you (carefully) cleaned the lens. Any grease or dirt will affect its ability to focus i would have thought. Screen cleaners perhaps for puter monitors, or similar.

Slowgrind said:
Can anyone shed any light on the problem I have with my camera? As digital cameras go this must be a relic. It`s about five years old, made by Toshiba and has a Canon zoom lens 4.2 mega pixels. I`ve taken some great clear images over the years but have recently lost the sharpness to all my photos with no obvious reason. I`ve checked the settings, cleaned the lens tried shots in bright light, low light all to no avail. Any suggestions? Or am I due a new Box Brownie? :sad:

sg, does your camera have a 'vivid' setting, which may alter sharpness? If the loss in sharpness is in all photos, and the lens is clean (as gbb mentions), it may be time for a new camera. ;)

OP
OP
Slowgrind

Slowgrind

Thanks for the prompt replies all. I have tried all of the above. The remedy to this problem must be more serious. I`m going to try to remove some dust from around the barrel of the lens to see if it is hampering the free movement when it tries to focus. After that who knows?

Top Bottom