Disc brake equipped roadie....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
Better not, they've all been recalled ;)
ai i'm sure my steel shoe strap on bits will do then
never worn a single rim out with rim brakes though!
Cheers Ed

All this talk of disk brakes, can any one give an estimate on how much it would cost to upgrade/change to disk brakes either front and rear or just front to a Dawes Nomad, the work would have to be done by a LBS, here just thinking(dreaming of a time after the winds).

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
All this talk of disk brakes, can any one give an estimate on how much it would cost to upgrade/change to disk brakes either front and rear or just front to a Dawes Nomad, the work would have to be done by a LBS, here just thinking(dreaming of a time after the winds).

Front is easy you just buy some disc forks, then a disc wheel, caliper, etc, etc. That's not cheap but he rear would be properly expensive assuming a steelframe,the addition of disc tab, a strengthening brace and a respray. It would probably be cheaper to buy a complete bike.

Front is easy you just buy some disc forks, then a disc wheel, caliper, etc, etc. That's not cheap but he rear would be properly expensive assuming a steelframe,the addition of disc tab, a strengthening brace and a respray. It would probably be cheaper to buy a complete bike.

Not forgetting the cold set from 130mm to 135mm spacing...

tigger

Über Member
I'm a huge fan of discs brakes on a road bike. I always thought cable discs were plenty for road/cross bikes but after borrowing an MTB over Xmas again I would love to have hydraulic discs on my next bike. Just so nice and progressive with serious stopping power. I felt so much more assured in these wet and slippery conditions. Ignore the naysayers, there's pros and cons with everything, but overall there are many many good reasons to have disc brakes one bikes. I'd say disc brakes on road bikes offer much more performance and reliability gains than electronic shifting does...

Top Bottom