Discrimination and Loss of "freedom of movement" for poor and disabled

Is exclusion and discrimination of the poor and disabled in regards to cycling a serious problem?

• yes

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • no

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • I am ignorant on the issue (lack of knowledge, not dumb)

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • your trolling

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • your not trolling

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They are a danger and should not be allowed (for what ever reason)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I never knew I was discriminating by "exclusion"

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don't want them cycling and think you need to be silenced

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • please educate me

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • TMI (if this is your selection please PM as to why)

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
What's it all about ? Can't make it out ... please explain the discriminatory acts or omissions complained of ? From your posts they may be regulatory in the US ?

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
/ignore

mattobrien

Guru
I do often find that I am discriminated against by my wife who has on more that one occasion laughed at me while in full lycra, does that count?

On the other hand my eldest daughter (4) has seen me in said lycra gear and said "you look cool daddy", which I know I don't. I don't think she is old enough to grasp irony, so I am wondering if she is discriminating against me or me her? Too much to comprehend.

Cycling on the other hand, I have found to be a very inclusive past time. Other cyclists have always seemed very encouraging and supportive of newbies, be they rich, poor, fit or otherwise. I do find it transcends many barriers and think that the world is a better place for it.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
op-will-surely-deliver-lets-just-wait.jpg

Oldspice

I've read your other posts. Why are you so angry? You still have not explained why the state is trying to do you harm or why you must ride out of necessity (even though impractical at times).

Can you just get to the point and state what your beef is with out all the bits in between, maybe someone here may be able to help or point you in the right direction.

As far as riding in the snow on the pavements. Life happens and sometimes you just can't ride constantly and you just have to walk. The state may say that home owners have to clear there pavement within a set time frame, but life gets in the way and you just have to deal with it the best way you can.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bottom line is....the OP will have to adhere to and post within Cycle Chat forum rules, not the other way round.

D

Deleted member 23692

I sit on the 2 steering groups through work - one is for a disabled cycling centre, and the other is a 'social inclusion through cycling' project. Both are very successful (award winning), so I might have a level of expert knowledge on the subject.

However, I'm not sure what this thread is about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom