Discrimination and Loss of "freedom of movement" for poor and disabled

Is exclusion and discrimination of the poor and disabled in regards to cycling a serious problem?

• yes

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • no

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • I am ignorant on the issue (lack of knowledge, not dumb)

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • your trolling

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • your not trolling

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They are a danger and should not be allowed (for what ever reason)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I never knew I was discriminating by "exclusion"

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don't want them cycling and think you need to be silenced

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • please educate me

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • TMI (if this is your selection please PM as to why)

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crosstrailer

While I am awaiting the full details with interest (not trolling, I have disabled immediate members of my family) I would say that sometimes it isn't cool to type out in full all of the thoughts and words in your head.........

D

Deleted member 23692

Aah.......... just read your other ramblings posts, and seeing that you're in the US and your beef [sic] seams to be with US legislation, I'll bow gracefully and steep slowly backwards out of this thread...........

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I like this: according to the OP in the state of Minnesota (I think) the house holder must clear snowfall within a certain time frame.
Here in Scotland, I read somewhere :wacko: that if you shovel your driveway and somebody falls on the snow you shovelled off your property they can sue you :ohmy:

OP
OP
D

disabled rider

Regular
OK I said I live in Minnesota USA at time of posting it was about 1am or so (bed time) (from my perspective)

It is a shame that "most" of you folks had totally derailed this thread before I could even get started.

Note what is written, right after, First off? I wrote "prelude" meaning I was setting grounds for the thread to try and keep it on track and not get so side tracked as many poster have done. Prelude also means it is not addressing the main issue yet. and that the main issue is to be followed. AFTER an establishment of background, that is meant to establish a perspective that is not the same perspective as from a non poor/disabled perspective.

I have also pointed out, I have a lot of content to share because this issue is so normalized, that people don't even realize there is an actual issue, unless your the one directly impacted by the issue.

Thanks for pointing out this site is in UK. I can usually tell the difference in writing style, but I did not really detect the difference here, so I did not realize it was a UK site. Just so you realize this problem, is a problem world wide, not just here where I live.

I had also had asked you not respond to the first post, It wasn't laid out to be responded too because it wasn't even the issue that I was trying to establish. If you read many of the posts correctly, they were attacking me or my writing style or saying this or that not even related to the thread when i have not even established the issue with a foundation of perspective.

Nobody is making you read the thread. Many of the responses were uncalled for. And I might add those responses in themselves were trolling in an attempt to discredit or derail this issue before it was even started.

this post is an example of what I am talking about: how your comments were posted not related to the issue, which will cause the important stuff to be buried or side tracked.

Seriously just think about this, and please, do not respond. since its just further derail the issue before it can even be established. I have not even established the issue yet and The thread is being blasted.

I pointed out right off the bat I am establishing back ground information, to establish a point of perspective, that is different than from a non-disabled viewpoint. The reason I need to do this, is because of the normalized devastating nature of the discrimination. What I mean by "normalized" is that from the perspective of the majority, which is non disabled, there is no problem. That no harm is occurring. and no one is being discriminated against. No one is guilty of harming others by their actions both direct and indirect..

Note this post had nothing to do with establishing the issue. It was written to address the posts that were derailing the thread before it was even started. (The question about what TMI and its answers was ok because it was dealing with a question with the poll) And I had asked you nicely, not to respond to the first post and let me establish the issue first, I had pointed out that several steps needed to be written, before I could post the issue itself. Because if I don't, people will look at it from the non disabled perspective and go off their rockers, talking about everything but the issue.(This has played out on 3 other sites that had banned me, I was following the site rules of the 3 sites I was banned from) I myself am not the issue . I myself am an example of how issue does devastating harm to poor/disabled. Think "Martin Luther King Jr" and the civil rights movement.
What I am trying to do, is follow his example, from a disabled poor perspective regarding cycling and freedom of movement and discrimination.

Will you clean the dirty laundry if you don't know its dirty? I am trying to show the dirty laundry so we the people can clean it.

So please let me establish the case before you respond further. I will let you know when it is appropriate to respond by saying in caps bold italic and underline , red "The floor is now open for discussion" 1 exemption that I am willing to allow is questions about "content that I post" so I can clarify to help people to understand.(And of course, I know I can't stop you from posting I am asking for you to be civil and use the honor code of self governing of restraint. So please STOP attacking me about establishing some guidelines. or establishing the case. I will get to it .I said it is long from the start. Knowing this I am trying to break it in pieces by not writing it all at once.)

Disabled rider.:sweat::thanks:

PS now I am off to write chapter 1 which is going to sound totally of topic and not about the cycling world. I am saying now it has relevance and I will prove it in the later posts of chapter 2 and on. I am trying to break this up so its not a super long single post which would take the highest level of comprehension to even follow. I am sorry in advance that they seem like LONG random rambling. It is a very complicated yet simple issue. It is the perspective that makes it complicated or simple. That is why I have to establish the background before I officially establish the problem itself.

:popcorn:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Well you've lost me as a potential reader, too much talking in riddles, too many orders given and too many colours in your typing. You'd think after three separate forums had given you the heave that you'd have learned to deliver your message in a concise manner. Instead you're alienating your audience before they can even begin to understand what you're rambling on about.

Just get to the point!

GC

Oldspice

I thought i had problems!

You start a thread and go into a long ramble, which concludes with no point and then start another ramble?

What is this disability of yours? Whos out to get you or me?

You 6 have been naughty and replied to his thread.

You appear frustrated about something as it appears that no one is listening to you and your issues.
Did you get banned from the other sites before you got to the end of your explanation?
I think you just need to get to the point with such a large explanation. We could discuss and you could then elaborate further after that.

Allot I did not read anyway as it is just toooo much.

You need to speak to someone as I think you might have some stress/anger management issues.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
What a tedious, boring, inane, flatulent, first and second post OP, and for that reason I'm out.

If you are offended by my comment above, I really don't care, after having read your nonsense.

I'm so sorry that you need to close down a whole forum, forbid anyone to say anything, and paint any reaction of those within as being trolling or derailing of your greatly important agenda.
There used to be a fella that ruled the alt.mountain-biking newsgroup by the name of Mike Vandeman. His was the only opinion that mattered (the banning of all off-road cycling). He would launch into length diatribes of proof and research proving his point, burying all and sundry in pseudo intellectual and self important claptrap, and winding people up until they were livid. He would then state that their anger was proof of their environmental destruction, and their violent tendencies to innocents. He would promise to send all posts made in anger to a congressman as evidence to bring in anti mountain biking laws.
In short he was a master manipulator.

I've not seen anyone that wrote the way he did until today.

There is no discrimination in cycling. Watch the paralympics for proof. Anyone can get a bike - One of mine is 30+ years old and probably only worth a few pounds.
If you can turn a pedal or a hand crank on any sort of machine, you're a cyclist and we will embrace you.

I just get the feeling you're here to begin accusing everyone else of plotting against you.

Mike Vandeman never knew when to just stop. I do. I will have nothing more to do with any of your posts. Happy riding troubled friend. Goodbye :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom