Diversity in Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Acting in what way?? .

I'm not claiming victimhood, here, but I do listen to the experiences and real fears of those who are victimised yes.

And will bring it to people's attention,.

It makes for uncomfortable reading / listening.

To deny it happens, is to deny reality, and allows it to continue more easily, unhindered, that's not something I'm personally comfortable with.

There you go again, your impossible!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
There you go again, your impossible!

Or

Just a possibilty here ..

I might have a point ??

Just a lot of blather, really

Ouch .. :cycle:

There's really no comeback from that particularly incisive piece of commentary :sad:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The only one trolling and being racist on this thread is Mudsticks.

By pointing out that racism against poc is still very much active, and places restrictions, and worse on those peoples activities??

Thats quite a leap of logic - to me being racist - right there.

I'm white - i see, and i feel the privelege that confers - whats so hard to comprehend??

I think a polite translation would be 'idiots', the impolite version would often refer to genitalia (both male and female).

Ah i see - you hope that mankind will stop being idiotic ?
Good luck with that :okay:

U

User6179

By pointing out that racism against poc is still very much active, and places restrictions, and worse on those peoples activities??

Thats quite a leap of logic - to me being racist - right there.

I'm white - i see, and i feel the privelege that confers - whats so hard to comprehend??

There you go with the victimhood again...…..

U

User6179

OK so please explain how exactly am I claiming victimhood for myself??

Am I stating that others are made victims, because of their sex, or race??

Yes I am,

Jesus H Christ, do you ever stop?

I have been talking about how you refer to white males but every time you quote me you start by referencing some minority that is being oppressed which has nothing to do with what I am talking about!

U

User6179

White males.. Yes I referenced them.

And their privelege.

And what about it??

Here is a thought, one way you can tell if someone is being disingenuous or genuine, if you are trying to reach out to a group in society that you want to influence/change then don't use derogatory or divisive language towards them.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Here is a thought, one way you can tell if someone is being disingenuous or genuine, if you are trying to reach out to a group in society that you want to influence/change then don't use derogatory or divisive language towards them.

I've heard some pretty derogatory language used on here, towards women and poc,. Far stronger than male (derogatory?) Or pale.

I can't say I've ever seen you pulling anyone up on that..

But you then claim the right to have the language used to describe those who already have the upper hand, to be everso sensitive to your feelings?? .

Somewhat of a double standard doncha think??

U

User6179

I've heard some pretty derogatory language used on here, towards women and poc,. Far stronger than male (derogatory?) Or pale.

I can't say I've ever seen you pulling anyone up on that..

But you then claim the right to have the language used to describe those who already have the upper hand, to be everso sensitive to your feelings?? .

Somewhat of a double standard doncha think??

Nice try at a deflection, It does not answer my post, why would you talk derogatory about a group you which to influence, it makes no sense unless you are just trying to get a rise!?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I wasn't being derogatory about 'a group'
By saying male, or pale (white - it's not a big leap is it?)

Just pointing out how their privelege is exercised, often unthinkingly.

And how we need to recognise and address that fact.

What's your problem with that??

Top Bottom