Diy Auomotive Power train

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
6000NM of torque should wrinkle tarmac.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Tim Hall

[QUOTE 4948238, member: 9609"]it would make cornering interesting.
Not so sure I would want 10 gallon of battery acid sloshing around above my head -

I guess they don't use lead acid batteries ? is it just tens of thousands of those batteries that they use in cameras and phones (the ones that sort of spontaneously combust or something)

I can't see me ever giving up on my diesel, I can't stand it when the wife is hoovering, imaginge having that going non stop for a 3 hour journey, would rather go on my bike.[/QUOTE]
AA batteries are the way forward.

Think it was Michelin who were developing something similar, except it was going to include suspension and braking too. Got the impression the desig was just to take a car body and bolt the complete thing up in one go, one on each side.
Would raise interesting question of where to fit them - FWD? RWD? 4x4? or even 6x6 if you want. Could create a good off roader without the need for diff locks.

MikeG

Guru
........4x4? or even 6x6 if you want. Could create a good off roader without the need for diff locks.

Better even than that, it could be designed to eliminate diffs and half-shafts, meaning you could get the equivalent of portal axles and their enormous ground clearance, without all the weight and gearing friction losses.

Top Bottom