Do link extractors fit all types of bike chains?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

notmyrealnamebutclose

It was a slipped chain rather than a snapped one, but my extremely painful and gory teen cycling accident confirmed that! :eek:

Every link in the top part of the chain has the full force acting through it and passing it to the next one. The ones in the bottom section of chain have very little tension on them. Obviously the chain moves round so all links get the full load and minimal load repeatedly.

I have had a couple of chain links fail but they were not quick links.

Thanks for the info it's what I said I believe. Going by the few pictures of broken chains I've seen it's usually the plates that fail rather than the pins which makes perfect sense to me. Can't imagine what force it takes to break
a pin. So they charge roughly 2.50 for 1 pin you might get through 2 or 3, hmm nice little earner! I fit my own chains and if one breaks whilst out of the saddle it's on me. I do like to make sure my balance is kept mostly inside from the handle bars if standing as then if the worst happens I still hope to have some control and i can get my ass derriere back down on the saddle pronto

Top Bottom