Do not order from Sports Direct!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Imo no-one should order anything from Sports Direct until they change their courier from Yodel to one with some honesty and competence.

Over a week ago I ordered two pairs of cycling shoes, two pairs of trousers and two pairs of shorts. None of it has been delivered and only half of it has been refunded. I now have no cycling shoes for the winter and all I have got is lie after lie from Yodel. First they claim to have been unable to make delivery and left a card, no card Zuzana was in all day. Then they tell me definately tomorrow. I wait in and yet again same lie. Then they claim to have been unable to make delivery due to an incomplete address. Then they claim to be unable to find my house so are twice given directions assuring me of delivery which never comes.
They are a total bunch of lying idiots at Yodel and I urge you all to boycott any company that uses them as a courier until we have managed to make them sort their service out or we have put them out of business. Whichever happens sooner.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Complaints about them are all over the internet like a rash and they have been on BBC Watchdog.

compo

Veteran
I had the same problem a while ago and although I eventually received my order it has discouraged me using Sports Direct mail order in the future.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Wow you are making me very glad that I cycled to the store to pick up a sports bag for the smallest Summerdaykid to start their new school earlier this week even though it was a pain and I wanted to be doing something else. Mr Summerdays had said just order it on-line!

byegad

Legendary Member
Yes I had issues with Yodel collecting a return item. They delivered it OK then faithfully promised, twice to pick it up the next day. After waiting in for two whole days I contacted the Amazon help desk who got another carrier to collect it before 1pm the next day.

Yodel are useless.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Shouldnt this be "Dont use Yodel" rather than "Dont order from SD"? I've ordered from SD before, package was delivered by DHL.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've edited one of the words there Dave !

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Shouldnt this be "Dont use Yodel" rather than "Dont order from SD"? I've ordered from SD before, package was delivered by DHL.

Most of us don't use Yodel but we do buy from companies that use them. In order to make companies such as Amazon and Sports Direct use an honest and competent courier we have to stop buying from these companies until they do. Perhaps even let them know why we are no longer buying from them.
It makes perfect sense.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Yodel have always been crap they used to be Home Delivery Network and got such bad press they changed their name and from what I can see they also have DHL home delivery as part of their business.

But I have to say that compared to City Link everyones service is excellent, peronally I wont use any company that says it will deliver by City Link I would rather go somewhere else and pay more.

Yodel are shocking, won't share stories as its the usual missed/none delivered items but I've let more than one retailer know I won't be using them again until they change supplier.

One retailer (Alpkit - excellent camping/walking gear) very nicely said just call them before I place the order online and they'll switch it to Royal Mail^_^

Psyclist

Über Member

Yes. Yodel have been a pain the jacksie looking at them being mentioned on Pinkbike. Loads of reports of Yodel 'losing' or not delivering parcels. Latest one is 9th post down on this thread where a £2000 downhill bike has gone missing in the hands of Yodel.

Top Bottom