Do not order from Sports Direct!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

Woder if Yodel will manage to turn up for the Tour Of Britain stages they are sponsoring or will get 'lost' missing' 'you weren't in' address incomplete'.:laugh:

the other day i got a parcel from them, then the next day received a text informing me that a parcel would be delivered between 12 and 8pm that day?
useless company

Cheddar George

oober member

Jmenorton

Just to balance things out ive had no problems with Yodel over countless delivery's. In fact they seem to do better then most, ive missed deliverys during the day, and had them turn up again in the evening. Plus the drivers usually seem pretty eccentric with is always fun. I dont think they've ever turned up an van though, usually private cars.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Just to balance things out ive had no problems with Yodel over countless delivery's. In fact they seem to do better then most, ive missed deliverys during the day, and had them turn up again in the evening. Plus the drivers usually seem pretty eccentric with is always fun. I dont think they've ever turned up an van though, usually private cars.

Yodel sometimes use part time people who deliver using their own cars for some home deliveries, and yes they can be very good I have had them ring me on my mobile to ask when the best time is to deliver but most of my deliveries are business and they deliver in a van and they can be a nightmare.

Zakalwe

They've delivered a few things to me no problems but I generally get stuff sent to my work address so I'm always in. I'd imagine like any courier they're more likely to have lots of drops in commercial areas so it's cost effective to get all those done together, when they have a out of the way home delivery with no other deliveries nearby they'll be the first to get dropped when time is an issue.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Yodel have always been crap they used to be Home Delivery Network and got such bad press they changed their name and from what I can see they also have DHL home delivery as part of their business.

But I have to say that compared to City Link everyones service is excellent, peronally I wont use any company that says it will deliver by City Link I would rather go somewhere else and pay more.
I was wondering why I hadnt heard of them, but I did have some trouble with HDNL a while back.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I prefer the old fashioned way of getting off my arse and actually going into shops to buy stuff.

And if they haven't got what you need in the shop but they have on their website at the right price?

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Herpes aren't much better, or s***ty link for that matter.

They're both bloody awful. I cancelled my Glossy Box a couple of months ago for a couple of reasons but one of them was because the delivery company, who I suspect was either Yodel or Hermes, dumped it outside my front door rather than putting a card through and letting me rearrange delivery. This would be bad enough if I lived in a quiet street but I live on a busy main road and anyone walking past could have swiped it and it was just pure good luck that it was hidden amongst the weeds that I'm too lazy to chop down. Some things have gone missing though and while I do get a card through the door, there's never any delivery details such as date or time or a number to call. Useless c**ts.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I've just ordered roughly the same stuff again from Amazon last night. Looking at their email of this morning they are shipping the whole lot, two separate orders. What do I do now except email them to say I have no confidence in Yodel delivering the goods to me. I might put a few links in.the email including one to this thread.
Will they never learn?....

Top Bottom