Do not order from Sports Direct!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Also, don't hope to get a refund from Sports Direct if you purchase something that turns out not to fit. They'll only offer store credit, which I was slightly annoyed about.

If you purchase anything over the internet under distance selling you have 7 days to get a refund, not just store credit, they have no choice about this it is the law

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
[QUOTE 2038572, member: 45"]DHL are Yodel[/quote]

We used DHL for a good while at work which was hit and miss and then they merged with yodel and we stopped using them as the service got worse. One example was not turning up to pick the parcels up and that happened on a small number of occasions. We use a small local company now and is far superior in sevice.

Raging Squirrel

[QUOTE 2038572, member: 45"]DHL are Yodel[/quote]

DHL have nothing to do with Yodel as a company apart from using them as a 3rd party courier.

Yodel have lost huge amounts of customers, and will probably be on the brink of losing Comet as a client too. They've lost lots of small TV's, saying that the stock couldn't be delivered to customers as the contact details and addresses were wrong, only to be told the stock has been lost, then to be told the stock is in the "Lost Property Hub", when asked where the hub was, nobody knew!

They've also been losing stock for Matalan, delivering Matalan's stock to Comet, and Comet's stock to Matalan. We've given them addresses, numbers, references and anything else we could to get them to deliver to our customers and they just can't manage to do it right.

It's been a while since the following happened, so can't quite remember the exact details but it was along the lines of Yodel trying to deliver, me not being in. I then travelled to their depo only to find they'd sent the item back to the seller, even though it had only been a couple of days and it said on the bit of card they put through my door that they wouldn't do this until at least seven days had elapsed.

The outcome of this was that I lost the discount on the product I was ordering and had to almost beg the retailer to apply the discount retrospectively, which they did so but only after a long period of hassling them.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
The latest is that despite me re-ordering the items from Amazon on whom Sports Direct is a seller they have still failed to deliver despite the latest set of instructions I gave verbally to both Amazon and Sports Direct. Even down to telling them what I live next door to and exactly where to leave the packages as we are out at work. The upshot of these f***wit proof instructions is that Yodel have now told Amazon another pack of lies so they say they have refunded my order for cycling clothes and shoes yet again. I can think of nothing simpler than ordering and getting these things. Yodel are clearly a bunch of absolute lying c****s***ers and I will never order anything from anywhere that they are going to deliver again. I am also going to make it my new mission in life to put them out of business once and for all. They have f***** with the wrong person this time.!!!

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

So today I went with Zuzana to Ikea and she pointed out the big Sports Direct shop at Ampere Way. "Try and see if they've got your cycling shoes" she said.
So in I go and find the Muddyfox MBS100 shoes and the Muddyfox touring shoes. Then they tell me they only have them in stock up to size 8 when I ask for 9.5 which they have on their website and Amazon. Because of course mens feet only go up to size 8. Then I ask the f***wit to order them for me and I'll pick them up at weekend but pay for them now.
You can order them online says the f***wit. So I explain the situation and repeat that I want to order them instore. Not an unreasonable request as far as I'm concerned or any other sane person. The f*** then repeats and I actually couldn't believe this "you can order them online from our website".
I just said I'm never going into Sports Direct again and walked out I was literally one second away from dropping the f***er and tearing the place apart.
So I now vow never to purchase anything from Sports Direct again because of their appalling service and I futher vow never to buy from any company that uses Yodel as a courier. I wish everyone else would vow to do the same so we can remove both of these nasty blots from our landscape.
These shoes would have been perfect for me and the first cycling shoes I've ever owned. Now I'll never have them because of two idiotic companies. That is a shame if nothing else.

HovR

Über Member
These shoes would have been perfect for me and the first cycling shoes I've ever owned. Now I'll never have them because of two idiotic companies. That is a shame if nothing else.

When the Aldi sale comes around pop in and get some shoes from there. Supposed to be better quality than the SD stuff anyway. :thumbsup: Think it's in about 10 days.

martint235

Dog on a bike
You seem to be being a bit harsh on the sales assistant to me. They have been given a tough job to do (they probably find it strange they don't stock over a size 8) and all they are trying to do is get through to the end of the day.

I personally like sports direct but I have no experience of yodel, thankfully by the sounds of it. Good luck with the boycott.

So today I went with Zuzana to Ikea and she pointed out the big Sports Direct shop at Ampere Way. "Try and see if they've got your cycling shoes" she said.
So in I go and find the Muddyfox MBS100 shoes and the Muddyfox touring shoes. Then they tell me they only have them in stock up to size 8 when I ask for 9.5 which they have on their website and Amazon. Because of course mens feet only go up to size 8. Then I ask the f***wit to order them for me and I'll pick them up at weekend but pay for them now.
You can order them online says the f***wit. So I explain the situation and repeat that I want to order them instore. Not an unreasonable request as far as I'm concerned or any other sane person. The f*** then repeats and I actually couldn't believe this "you can order them online from our website".
I just said I'm never going into Sports Direct again and walked out I was literally one second away from dropping the f***er and tearing the place apart.
So I now vow never to purchase anything from Sports Direct again because of their appalling service and I futher vow never to buy from any company that uses Yodel as a courier. I wish everyone else would vow to do the same so we can remove both of these nasty blots from our landscape.

Sounds like the guy at sports direct used to work at McDonald's or KFC! They tend to be brain dead as well. Is there no other retailer that stocks the shoes you want? One where you could perhaps pick them up?!?! :laugh:

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

You seem to be being a bit harsh on the sales assistant to me. They have been given a tough job to do (they probably find it strange they don't stock over a size 8) and all they are trying to do is get through to the end of the day.

I personally like sports direct but I have no experience of yodel, thankfully by the sounds of it. Good luck with the boycott.
I
Do you seriously believe that being a sales assistant in a Sports shop is a tough job???

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I seem to be in a very small minority that has ordered with Sports Direct maybe half a dozen times online, got what I ordered without problem and have a very cheery and helpful Yodel driver.

Wonder if it is just your luck if the driver that covers your area is half decent.

Jmenorton

The sales assistant probably doesn't have the authority to order individual items into the store, the store managers probably cant do that either, they most likely get multiple deliverys a week, and have very little input into what stock they actually receive. A get what your given kind of deal. So seems a bit harsh on the sales guy.

Top Bottom