Do not order from Sports Direct!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I have just recieved a text from my bank with my balance as I do every Monday and it would appear that they have not refunded any money back to my account at all. Are Sports Direct lying as well I wonder?

compo

Veteran
[QUOTE 2027179, member: 45"]I had the same problem last year, as unfortunately Yodel are the chosen courier of Virgin Mobile. They're useless.[/quote]

Virgin and Yodel deserve each other.

Crosstrailer

Considering the service most of us seem to recieve they're lucky they're being paid at all.

I have had problems with them as well David so I know where you are coming from.

What I would say is when you have a company flogging its staff to death for dreadful rates of pay you will always get shoddy customer service as an end product.

e-rider

crappy member
Imo no-one should order anything from Sports Direct until they change their courier from Yodel to one with some honesty and competence.

Over a week ago I ordered two pairs of cycling shoes, two pairs of trousers and two pairs of shorts. None of it has been delivered and only half of it has been refunded. I now have no cycling shoes for the winter and all I have got is lie after lie from Yodel. First they claim to have been unable to make delivery and left a card, no card Zuzana was in all day. Then they tell me definately tomorrow. I wait in and yet again same lie. Then they claim to have been unable to make delivery due to an incomplete address. Then they claim to be unable to find my house so are twice given directions assuring me of delivery which never comes.
They are a total bunch of lying idiots at Yodel and I urge you all to boycott any company that uses them as a courier until we have managed to make them sort their service out or we have put them out of business. Whichever happens sooner.

we all know Yodel are useless - I don't go anywhere near any company that uses them. You should have done your homework before ordering!

Robwiz

Regular
I don't like shopping in Sports Direct shops – I don't like lots of the stuff they sell and their displays/merchandising are poor. I wanted a couple of pairs of cheap 3/4 length pants though and SD had some at good prices on their website. I ordered them and they arrived next day, so no complaints from me about deliveries.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

I have had problems with them as well David so I know where you are coming from.

What I would say is when you have a company flogging its staff to death for dreadful rates of pay you will always get shoddy customer service as an end product.

Well if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, simple as that.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Ok folks the latest in this sorry saga is that I have contacted Sports Direct customer service on 01579822314. They have said they will email Yodicks with the directions they have only been given 4 times already and that it will be delivered tomorrow. They have even given them my mobile number. Of course this remains to be seen as SD claim not to be able to use Royal Mail. So my next job will be to arrange a store pick up if this does not work. Yodels latest claim is that we refused delivery. A neat trick when we are both out at work all day. I call that FRAUD.

Ok folks the latest in this sorry saga is that I have contacted Sports Direct customer service on 01579822314. They have said they will email Yodicks with the directions they have only been given 4 times already and that it will be delivered tomorrow. They have even given them my mobile number. Of course this remains to be seen as SD claim not to be able to use Royal Mail. So my next job will be to arrange a store pick up if this does not work. Yodels latest claim is that we refused delivery. A neat trick when we are both out at work all day. I call that FRAUD.

So, if they claim that you refused delivery then it would be fair to assume that they must have at some point knocked on your door? Why then, are they seeking directions to your house? They sound like a right bunch of numptys. I'd be charging for all correspondence and any time lost to waiting in for these wastes of oxygen.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

So, if they claim that you refused delivery then it would be fair to assume that they must have at some point knocked on your door? Why then, are they seeking directions to your house? They sound like a right bunch of numptys. I'd be charging for all correspondence and any time lost to waiting in for these wastes of oxygen.

AAAHHH good point. I may very well prepare a formal invoice to send to their HQ.

Berties

Fast and careful!
i ordered a badminton raquet for my eldest came after 2 days no problems,well packaged ,was dhl though

DrLex

merely the moocher
Have had two orders from S.D. without fuss, albeit the f.o.c. mugs were broken. One order placed on Sunday afternoon with standard delivery was delivered the next day.

HovR

Über Member
Also, don't hope to get a refund from Sports Direct if you purchase something that turns out not to fit. They'll only offer store credit, which I was slightly annoyed about.

Top Bottom