Do not order from Sports Direct!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
that is why they are cheap, because they cut out a lot of the 'customer service' they may be crap(your opinion) if you just accept them for what they are, (a multimillion pound company that put jjb out of business) they dont care if you are happy, they are not there to be super helpful just to sell stuff cheap, if you do not like their service dont shop there.

of course DavidDecorator you could also stop being a f-wit and order them online, youve looked at them on two different sites but chose not to order them, then go into a store and moan about someone doing their job because they cannot order them.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
that is why they are cheap, because they cut out a lot of the 'customer service' they may be crap(your opinion) if you just accept them for what they are, (a multimillion pound company that put jjb out of business) they dont care if you are happy, they are not there to be super helpful just to sell stuff cheap, if you do not like their service dont shop there.

of course DavidDecorator you could also stop being a f-wit and order them online, youve looked at them on two different sites but chose not to order them, then go into a store and moan about someone doing their job because they cannot order them.

For your information which is clearly contained in this thread I have ordered them online twice from Sports Direct and once through Amazon upon which sports direct sells them. I have given directions to my property twice to Yodel and twice to Sports Direct. Considering my home is on a main road less than three miles from the Yodel depot these are supposed to be delivered from and also next to a used car sales forecourt, just before a railway bridge with the biggest Mosque in the Country not 30 yards away and clearly visible a blind chimp could have delivered these goods to me with the directions I gave on several occasions. There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for this debacle.
So perhaps the next time you try to insult me you might want to take the simple precaution of getting your facts right first!

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

This is not to mention the time Zuzana rang them to give directions or the two emails sent with idiot proof instructions so all in all they've had the directions eight times. They just simply couldn't be bothered to do the job any of them.

tadpole

I
Do you seriously believe that being a sales assistant in a Sports shop is a tough job???
I'd say yes, having to deal with people like you, I'd go postal after 30 seconds let alone 10 hours. The shop floor would be awash. (I've worked in shops, and know that 99% of the time cusstommers get what service they deserve)

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

I'd say yes, having to deal with people like you, I'd go postal after 30 seconds let alone 10 hours. The shop floor would be awash. (I've worked in shops, and know that 99% of the time cusstommers get what service they deserve)

Well perhaps the shops you worked in were customer service orientated and you did your job properly. I've also worked in shops in my youth and also managed builders merchants where I was responsible for amongst other things arranging deliveries of materials to site. In 23 working years I have never come across a company, supplier or courier who gives service as bad as this lot. I don't think its unreasonable to expect to recieve the goods and services that I pay my hard earned money for. Perhaps you disagree and believe the opposite which would be very sad indeed. Wouldn't it? Tadpole.

tadpole

I agree, but if I’m given bad service in one shop, I do not take my anger or poor attitude in to the next shop, not even if they are owned by the same huge faceless company. So you have a problem with SD online, there is no reason to take that out on someone who works for a SD store.
AS for bad service I could bore half the world with tales of bad service I’ve been on the receiving end. But it’s isolated to single people in random stores. Never did I think it was personal nor do I think all shop workers are [insert your derogatory swear word of choice]. I dislike sales staff who upset me, but I don’t on the whole tar them all with the same brush, after all we’ve all met cyclist who are [insert your derogatory swear word of choice], but you’re not like that, are you?.

jifdave

For your information which is clearly contained in this thread I have ordered them online twice from Sports Direct and once through Amazon upon which sports direct sells them. I have given directions to my property twice to Yodel and twice to Sports Direct. Considering my home is on a main road less than three miles from the Yodel depot these are supposed to be delivered from and also next to a used car sales forecourt, just before a railway bridge with the biggest Mosque in the Country not 30 yards away and clearly visible a blind chimp could have delivered these goods to me with the directions I gave on several occasions. There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for this debacle.
So perhaps the next time you try to insult me you might want to take the simple precaution of getting your facts right first!

Clearly I did not read it all. But can only agree with the guy aboves post.

Taken from yodel site 'Can I collect my parcel from your Service Centre?
Yes, certainly. You'll need to let us know at least 24 hours in advance so we can get your parcel ready for collection and make sure no further delivery attempts are made.
You can do this by using our online tracking system or our automated call system.
Details will be on the card left by our driver, including further details like the opening times of your local service centre.
Please note that for security reasons, we ask that you bring in two forms of identification.'

3 miles to easily sort it out. You could even get on your shiny bicycle with a backpack on.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Clearly I did not read it all. But can only agree with the guy aboves post.

Taken from yodel site 'Can I collect my parcel from your Service Centre?
Yes, certainly. You'll need to let us know at least 24 hours in advance so we can get your parcel ready for collection and make sure no further delivery attempts are made.
You can do this by using our online tracking system or our automated call system.
Details will be on the card left by our driver, including further details like the opening times of your local service centre.
Please note that for security reasons, we ask that you bring in two forms of identification.'

3 miles to easily sort it out. You could even get on your shiny bicycle with a backpack on.

If I have paid good money to have it delivered to me then that is what I expect. Just as my clients expect me to decorate their homes when they pay me. Not hand them the brushes tools and paint telling them to get on with it. Why would I or anybody else pay someone my hard earned money to do a job that they are perfectly capable of doing then go out of my way taking time off my own work costing me hundreds then go and do it for them? It would defy all logic would it not and completely defeat the purpose of paying for delivery?

Further there was no card left on any day in the past month because there was no attempt made to deliver whatsoever. Only lies.

jifdave

I can see your logic....

But if you have ordered it 3 times and then drove to a shop and still had no luck.
(it's cheaper online than it is in the shop so the delivery cost point is kinda moot)
Plus ordering to collect in a store that I'm guessing is more than 3 miles away suggests your are being unnecessarily stubborn.

I'd bite the bullet and go get them or stop moaning and spend all those hard earned painting pounds on some decent shoes from a decent site, as someone who has bought and broken muddyfox shoes within 100miles it's just not worth it.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

I agree, but if I’m given bad service in one shop, I do not take my anger or poor attitude in to the next shop, not even if they are owned by the same huge faceless company. So you have a problem with SD online, there is no reason to take that out on someone who works for a SD store.
AS for bad service I could bore half the world with tales of bad service I’ve been on the receiving end. But it’s isolated to single people in random stores. Never did I think it was personal nor do I think all shop workers are [insert your derogatory swear word of choice]. I dislike sales staff who upset me, but I don’t on the whole tar them all with the same brush, after all we’ve all met cyclist who are [insert your derogatory swear word of choice], but you’re not like that, are you?.

No I am a teddy bear but all us bears have claws and teeth don't we. Incidentally I simply walked away from the guy in the shop having had nothing but problems with the company and their courier throughout. Unnecessary problems.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

I can see your logic....

But if you have ordered it 3 times and then drove to a shop and still had no luck.
(it's cheaper online than it is in the shop so the delivery cost point is kinda moot)
Plus ordering to collect in a store that I'm guessing is more than 3 miles away suggests your are being unnecessarily stubborn.

I'd bite the bullet and go get them or stop moaning and spend all those hard earned painting pounds on some decent shoes from a decent site, as someone who has bought and broken muddyfox shoes within 100miles it's just not worth it.

Can't get them, not possible, store won't order them in for collection. They were the same price in the shop.

So sod em. It's the principle of the thing.

i would be very wary of them.
i ordered hiking boots that were supposed to be in stock but it became clear they never were

very hard to get a hold of. no phone numbers available

the shops are ok but be wary of on line!

Psyclist

Über Member
[QUOTE 2045655, member: 45"]I need to apologise to Yodel for today. I had a new phone being delivered to work. The online tracker said that the delivery failed because the address couldn't be found. We're remote, but not difficult to find. So I rang Virgin, to find that the "team member" who took my order didn't put a building number on the order so it only had the street name.

Not Yodel's fault this time. Further surprised when the driver rang later to check where we are for when he comes back tomorrow. Mind you, I do think he's an independent on contract.[/quote]

Did you need a replacement Super Hub by any chance?

Psyclist

Über Member
[QUOTE 2049440, member: 45"]No, phone upgrade.[/quote]

Ah no worries. Thought it was a super hub problem as mine went on the blink all of a sudden. I assumed other peoples had too.

Top Bottom