Do you belong to more than one cycling club?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rock bus

Über Member
Just wondering how many people are members of more than one club?
I’m struggling to find one that suits my needs, where I need rides on Saturday and then particular week nights.
None of local clubs match my requirement perfectly so thinking of just chopping and changing.

Not ideal as would rather be loyal to one and build up a better social group by being a regular at one but just not proving possible at moment.

I intend to pay membership for the clubs so not taking advantage.

Thoughts?

vickster

Legendary Member
I don’t belong to any

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm in one but my son's in two - one as part of the kid's racing but also mine to ride longer and faster.

We've members who'll ride with more than one club, often as a group of clubs together. More than that my club (Ravensthorpe CC) links closely with another club that does more social and beginner's rides (Roberttown Community CC) and members chop and change.

It's not seen as an issue.

mgs315

Only a member of one here but some fellow members are part of multiple. There’s two largeish local ones, one ride mostly Saturday the other Sunday. Makes sense to jump around if free time isn’t regular.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I belong to the mothership Audax UK and Audax Club Bristol. To belong to the latter, it is a requirement to be a member of the former. Free though. All you have to give is your blood, sweat, tears and joy.

In the AUK results pages it is plane to see lots of people belong to a garden variety road club or a CUK club and AUK. Lots of sportive types on the 100km rides for fun and training. And of course to admire the collection of steel bikes, canvas luggage and beards.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
The only restrictions on club membership are related to racing - you can enter open events as a member of your first claim club, but not a second claim club.

You can ride in club events for a second claim club though.

If you’re not racing, none of this is relevant. You can join as many clubs as will have you.

Last edited:
I am in 2, one is road only the other is MTB + cyclocross . I rarely cycle with either nowadays due to me putting a hold on any sort of racing for the foreseable future ( last road club ride was nearly a year ago, MTB club 6 months ago) but each only costs me 25 quid a year so not that bothered I dont use them but I may again in the future. Speaking to the road club secetary some while ago there are 150 odd members only 30 regularly turn up, some have not turned up for years but still pay thier subscriptions. ( a handful dont even live in the uk anymore)

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm an ex club cyclist, ex Coventry Road Club, I also used to ride occasionally with the Rugby Wednesday Riders though I was never a member.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
For a while I was a member of two clubs because my main club left the West London Combine and I liked to ride their '50' as it was fairly close to where I lived and I almost always rode to events. I joined as a second claim member of a club that was in it so I could do it. I'd ride that event, marshal at a couple of others.

Top Bottom