Do you belong to more than one cycling club?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am a member of my home club and local club, however I do most of my riding with a social offshoot from the local club and a training group.

mgs315

I'm not in any - they all look far too fast for me to keep up with!

Ah not at all. Those in club jerseys tend to be some of the faster guys but for example my club do 25 miles @11mph with a tea stop half way round. Fastest do 17mph+ from 55 miles and up. Often 100-milers this time of year. About 7 rides in between.

Clubs cater for all. Just gotta find the right one.

Just the one (used to be in the 'British Cyclo-Cross Asociation' too)

Nowadays, I'm just in it, for 'ease'
Plus, tight-fistedness................................

I was asked, for a while, to join Wakefield Triathlon Club, but (apart from the quite substantial membership fee), that would have meant buying new kit, for ride & run, I wouldn't have been doing the wet bits

Whereas, I already have Club shorts, long-sleeve jerseys, short-sleeve jerseys
Unlike other local Clubs (like 'Calder Clarion') they don't offer other clothing, thus, it's far more prudent to just pay the £10 year for the existing Club

(I arrange my own 'British Cycling' membership, & have just renewed this morning)

Likwise, I also have a running club membership,, I have vests, 'technical' t-shirts, & warm-up jackets in their colours (more waste)
Granted, their subs are less, £25, as it includes English Athletics membership

Both Clubs in signature

(also a member of the 'Fell Runners Association')

IME - Join one you will then get to know people and get chatting to people of your ability - you can then organise informal sub rides - or just put a callout on the clubs facebook page.

Top Bottom