Do You Break Out Into A Sweat When You Ride Your Bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
Never notice any sweat when cycling even in the summer fast cycle runs but any time i use an indoor trainer the sweat is running of me, usually when the sweat running down dripping from my forearms make a pool on the garage floor and join into one pool know its about time to stop.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Never notice any sweat when cycling even in the summer fast cycle runs but any time i use an indoor trainer the sweat is running of me, usually when the sweat running down dripping from my forearms make a pool on the garage floor and join into one pool know its about time to stop.
Here's a tip...

I did one very intense winter on my turbo trainer and had that indoor sweat problem, despite using a big fan to blow air over me. I always had to mop everything down afterwards, but what I neglected to do was to wipe the underside of the trainer. Enough salty sweat found its way down there to rust through the trainer by the time spring finally arrived... :eek:

So... make sure you wipe it ALL up!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This just reminded me..... I occasionally go to a spin class with Mrs Skol (occasional, as in maybe 3-4 times ever). She always complains about the amount I sweat and the pool of water left on the floor when I have finished. Everytime I make a similar joke of 'did you not notice the rain?' :whistle:

I'm not allowed to go anymore :sad:

OldShep

Über Member
Here's a tip...

I did one very intense winter on my turbo trainer and had that indoor sweat problem, despite using a big fan to blow air over me. I always had to mop everything down afterwards, but what I neglected to do was to wipe the underside of the trainer. Enough salty sweat found its way down there to rust through the trainer by the time spring finally arrived... :eek:

So... make sure you wipe it ALL up!
A few years ago I had a go at using the turbo through the winter. People advise using a fan so I used a fan heater on the second heat setting and would take my jumper off after 15minutes. Never got beyond 20 minutes so never had any sweat to wipe up.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A few years ago I had a go at using the turbo through the winter. People advise using a fan so I used a fan heater on the second heat setting and would take my jumper off after 15minutes. Never got beyond 20 minutes so never had any sweat to wipe up.
I was using the TT in an unheated room. I wore summer cycling kit with a fleece jacket on plus a woolly hat. Fan off. I would do my warm up then remove the hat. A couple of minutes later the jacket would come off. I would build the intensity and after another few minutes the jersey would be removed. Then the fan would be switched on at slow speed. 5 minutes later it would be going flat out and blowing over me from 1 metre away. That still would not keep me cool so I kept a towel draped over the bike to catch any sweat which dripped off. Every few minutes I had to dry myself with the towel. At the end of a session I could wring sweat out of the towel...

Top Bottom