Do you feel your home could be haunted?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru

Well I don't think that I've seen an argument deconstructed so efficiently or factually as that ever. Point by point rebuttals.............hmmmph. What use are they? Congratulations.

BrynCP

Über Member
I always though my house was haunted.
  1. First, when I was really young, it was faces at the window
  2. Then it was people moving on the landing outside my bedroom door
  3. Then it was people actually in my room near my bed right into my 20s
The weird thing was it was a mixture of people who I knew, who were alive, people I recognised, but couldn't think where from, and people who I had absolutely no idea of.

Then I was diagnosed with Epilepsy and started taking anti seizure medicine and all the ghosts vanished!

U

User33236

I had a supernatural experience when I saw my dead grandfather sitting on the bottom of my bed talking to me.

The fact that I was 12 years old, was the person, two weeks earlier, to find his body in the morning in a bedroom I shared with him makes me, as a rational person, it the experience down to wishful thinking.

Ghost don't exist.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
No.

MikeG

Guru
Posters keep saying that it'll be mice,but there are no mice in here. If there was a rodent problem we'd know about it as either the nosey old git or the housing association would make a fuss about it,

So let me see if I've got this right. You insist on the existence of something for which there is no evidence whatever, but dismiss the possibility of it being something we know for certain exists because you've checked for evidence. Do you not see the inherent contradiction in your position?

Take "mice" as a place holder for "some known physical phenomena". We can't know what it is without examining the building and the evidence. Have you actually tried to trace the source of the noise?

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was dragged up in this house ...

DSC01785.jpg

Do i think its haunted . Hell YES !

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So let me see if I've got this right. You insist on the existence of something for which there is no evidence whatever, but dismiss the possibility of it being something we know for certain exists because you've checked for evidence. Do you not see the inherent contradiction in your position?
Even if mice were in here. They wouldn't be able to make the noises that i've heard. No,this place has something spooky about it.:unsure:

MikeG

Guru
Even if mice were in here. They wouldn't be able to make the noises that i've heard. No,this place has something spooky about it.:unsure:

"Spooky" is an emotion. It is internal. It is generated by you.

As I just added in an edit to my last post, "mice" is a place holder for "known physical phenomena". You have leapt straight to an emotional irrational explanation without doing anything to eliminate the mundane explanations first.

Top Bottom