Do you feel your home could be haunted?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Bed, no be......fckn autocorrect

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I was raised as a Christian but these days im more of an atheist but i let people live and let live with regards to their faith. However i have had two super natural experiences. Once when I was a young boy of 11 or 12 doing my paper round and the other when i was in my late teens or twenties on holiday i Portugal.

The paper round i was working my way up a flat around the time when people should of been getting kids out of bed for school or getting ready for work. However this place was deathly quiet, almost as if i had stepped into some sort of void. As i worked my way further up the levels it got colder and colder till my teeth were chattering and my body was shivering... But it was right in the middle of summer... As i carried on working my way up the top, i just couldn't help that there was some sort of presence that was following me and watching me as i worked. I completed another floor before my nerves caved and i ran out of the place. I touched my friend who i split the route with and he said i was cold as ice.

I quit that route after that day and still haven't been back to the same flat and i live less than 2 miles away from it.

My second experience took place at a hotel we stopped off at on the way to the algarve.

I was woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of running water as if someone was having a shower. I tried to move but i could only barely lift my head to look up. My body below my neck seemed paralysed. I managed to look up and i saw a blonde lady with a towel wrapped around her body and head step out of the small bathroom we had there. I passed out after that. When i woke in the morning i questioned my dad who shared the same room. He told me he heard the same thing but he thought it was my sister. It wasnt her though as she denied it and i could see her sleeping from across the room at the time of the 'event'

It was a family trip so there was no alcohol involved. Neither me nor my dad could explain what we saw and heard so i just chalked it up as a supernatural experience.

Believe it, or don't but i half believe they do exist

MikeG

Guru
You were 11 or 12, yet can remember the time of year clearly. Even if it was summer, it can be very cold first thing in the morning, and communal areas of blocks of flats (which are often unheated, uninsulated areas of high thermal mass) can be extremely cold. The rest of that experience is just emotion: you were scared.

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
You were 11 or 12, yet can remember the time of year clearly. Even if it was summer, it can be very cold first thing in the morning, and communal areas of blocks of flats (which are often unheated, uninsulated areas of high thermal mass) can be extremely cold. The rest of that experience is just emotion: you were scared.

If it was just me remembering a dream though. That doesn't explain the fact that my dad also heard the sound of running water.

I know what i saw and what i felt and it wasnt a dream

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
I was raised as a Christian but these days im more of an atheist but i let people live and let live with regards to their faith. However i have had two super natural experiences. Once when I was a young boy of 11 or 12 doing my paper round and the other when i was in my late teens or twenties on holiday i Portugal.

The paper round i was working my way up a flat around the time when people should of been getting kids out of bed for school or getting ready for work. However this place was deathly quiet, almost as if i had stepped into some sort of void. As i worked my way further up the levels it got colder and colder till my teeth were chattering and my body was shivering... But it was right in the middle of summer... As i carried on working my way up the top, i just couldn't help that there was some sort of presence that was following me and watching me as i worked. I completed another floor before my nerves caved and i ran out of the place. I touched my friend who i split the route with and he said i was cold as ice.

I quit that route after that day and still haven't been back to the same flat and i live less than 2 miles away from it.

My second experience took place at a hotel we stopped off at on the way to the algarve.

I was woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of running water as if someone was having a shower. I tried to move but i could only barely lift my head to look up. My body below my neck seemed paralysed. I managed to look up and i saw a blonde lady with a towel wrapped around her body and head step out of the small bathroom we had there. I passed out after that. When i woke in the morning i questioned my dad who shared the same room. He told me he heard the same thing but he thought it was my sister. It wasnt her though as she denied it and i could see her sleeping from across the room at the time of the 'event'

It was a family trip so there was no alcohol involved. Neither me nor my dad could explain what we saw and heard so i just chalked it up as a supernatural experience.

Believe it, or don't but i half believe they do exist
Ah, the old chloroform routine. Here son, take a quick whiff of this hanky......

U

User33236

If it was just me remembering a dream though. That doesn't explain the fact that my dad also heard the sound of running water.

I know what i saw and what i felt and it wasnt a dream
I have plenty of memories from being a child / pre teen that I know for sure are impossible now. E.g jumping feets. The immature mind develops all sorts of scenarios that don't exist.

Is this an old memory of your father recollecting or something your father would independently recollect today?

matiz

Guru
When I was 14 my gran who lived with us passed away in the house It was on bonfire night 68, the following night my parents and grandfather went to arrange the funeral leaving my 12 yr old sister and me at home, we were sitting in the living room with the curtains closed and the TV off just talking when my grans glass swan ornament just floated off the top of the TV and across the room landing on the coffee table my sister and I just looked at each other in amazement,we told our parents later who thought we were winding them up
I've never believed in ghosts but I get the shivers just thinking about that night the TV was off so no vibration and we lived at the end of a quiet cul de sac so no heavy traffic vibration and it travelled at least ten feet in distance abd landed
softly right in front of us.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
December 2001,my dad had been dead a few weeks. I was looking through a pull out supplement from a local newspaper when i saw a pair of eyes,as if they were looking through a letterbox. The caption above the picture said "These eyes are watching you" I nearly pooped myself. The eyes were my dad's! That's how i saw it. Some would say i imagined them to look like his eyes,but as soon as i saw the image, if i hadn't have known better i would've said it was him. I thought about keeping the supplement but knew that i'd keep going back to look at it. I did the best thing in getting rid of it,i think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom